Connected Care Contract

Started by steveL, July 10, 2013, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Looks like it will be announced either tomorrow or Friday that the 3rd year connected care contract will indeed go to Wilcox's Who Cares(NE). As I understand it, the contract will only run until March next year - dunno what happens after that. HBC has been feeding the money on a monthly basis to Who Cares anyway.

Apparently Stubbs doesn't think Angie has done anything wrong and regurgitates the Ged Hall line that Manor residents and Who Cares(NE) are entirely separate organisations.

Notice too how they are not doing the obvious thing and waiting for Mitchell's report which is due in the next couple of weeks.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Missy K

Really the Council should give the grant to another organisation that could provide the same, as no doubt similar services could be arranged.

not4me

surely in the circumstances to go ahead and give the contract to Wilcox's Who Cares would be tantamount to corruption or at the very least money being allocated for party political purposes.

To me the test is; what would the average man on the street do? And I think the answer is that he wouldn't go anywhere near this woman or her equally dodgy fellow director.

Missy K

not4me, I think the Council officers, should be held accountable, forget Councillors or party's as you will get no where banging on about that, its dogy officers carrying out the tasks!

not4me

carrying out tasks yes, making recommendations yes; but not, by and large, making the decisions unless you are talking about Mr Stubbs who looks like he's confused about whether he's an officer or a politician.

steveL

I think you might be being a little unfair on council officers there Missy K. No doubt within such a large workforce there will be a few dodgy characters but I'd be far more concerned with the level of bullying of council officers by a small number of councillors that goes on.

As I understand it, council officers concluded some time ago that the game was up for Who Cares(NE) and are recommending that what's left of the connected care contract goes elsewhere - my money would be on HVDA who, at relatively short notice, could provide continuity of service.

The real question is whether the labour crowd think they can get away with over-ruling this by going down the Who Cares path right on top of a bi-election. They might chicken out and go along with the recommendations of officers or they might throw common sense to the wind and stick with Wilcox and Cranney. Time will tell. 

For anyone working for Who Cares at the moment, this might make for interesting reading.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/voluntary-sector-network/2012/nov/23/what-is-tupe-transfer
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

bimbo 1

Its as if they can do what they like sod you mate ,well I think if she gets more cash they are taking the p--- and laughing at us .They were not laughing on Saturday when there was flyers all over the M block about ANGIE VILCOX and her picture with a hitler tash .Angie   daughter and there mates were running round like blue ar--- flys trying to pick them all up it was a scream but I got one and so did most people,now they should be put in every block

misinformed

HVDA???  isn't CAB on the board there or does he just work there..... who ever gets this contract, someone else will moan about it.. at end of the day there is a lot of money up for grabs... because AW has a hand in Who care NE then no one wants her to have the contract fair enough, but everyone is forgetting she doesn't actually work for connected care, its those members of staff who do .. they all do a really good job at it, and therefor if this contract goes else where the new company should look hard and consider whether to take the staff with them... same with the other things MRA centre does, its child care and pensioners club will all suffer if this centre goes... AW will do ok , but I fear for the GOOD I don't care about the bad.. :'(

Kitchnstauff

Have the management and or directors of Connected Care/WCNE/MRA ever heard of an AGM, to those of you who need a heads up? Its where a company has yearly meeting to, among other items on the agenda is to produce a financial report and discuss this with the people who in attendance, these include members of the public who can raise questions about this report, seems simple enough, when was the last time they had one?? And where the public aware it was taking place and where the venue was??

Obviously an AGM being Annual, but the charities Commission actually allow you 15 months, or so I'm led to believe.

Another thing! Who put AW in charge of Connected Care, did it not have its own manager!  Yes it did, but he has not been seen for the past 3 months, maybe he's resigned too.

pensionater

Why aren't we hearing anything from Paul Thompson and Cath Hill who asked for the contract to go out to tender back in February?.They must have had some idea that all was not right.

fred c

If the next Tranch of connected care cash goes to Who Cares, there will be an awful lots of questions from all sorts of people, it might even make Private Eye ( for the fifth time), so would they be prepared to risk that with an election coming up ??? ???

And logically, I mean who in their right mind would give another huge wodge of Council Tax Payers dosh to 2 people who have been described by 2 diffferent judges as Incompetent & Dishonest.

As for having a Pop at Officers, i also think that a number of councillors the ( Do You Know Who I Am ) merchants are well capable of threatening a council officers career or even ending it.... strange that when one of them got a Massive payout from HBC.

I along with a few other posters on here I can testify to the nasty, spiteful antics of some of the Tosspots who inhabit the commitee rooms of the civic.

The majority of council staff are doing a good job in difficult circumstances & i am inclined to  put any blame for the upcoming connected care contract going to WC, squarely on the shoulders of "The Mob"

mk1

Quote from: bimbo 1 on July 11, 2013, 06: PM
.They were not laughing on Saturday when there was flyers all over the M block about ANGIE VILCOX and her picture with a hitler tash .

Any chance of a copy?
I could make good use of it and it directly contradicts the claims of 'big support' made by the fa*tty Belchers.

bimbo 1

I am self taught on pc I have tried to scan and attach but keeps on saying error I can post it to you

mk1

Scan it at 250 DPI or when you scan it resize it to something  around 800 x 800 and save it a jpg. Do not try and attach a Bitmap image. As a jpg it can be posted . If it fails then we can try post.

bimbo 1

I havnt a clue about any of that .I can post it to the hpool post or what ever