A Wilcox

Started by steveL, July 06, 2013, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Awaiting confirmation on this but hearing that Wilcox has resigned as a councillor but not, as yet, as Manager of MR
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

If this is correct, I suppose "The Dear Leader & Consort" will feel a little more secure......

However, as Forest`s Mom used to say..... "Stupid is as Stupid Does.

testing times

Welcome news but if any of these people think this will draw a line under it then I say to them, forget it. This particular genie ain't going back into the bottle.

Mr Mister

Finally she's done something that makes sense!

Kitchnstauff

Hello! I heard on the grapevine it's down to 18 labour councilors because you know who has resigned hooray.

not4me

word seems to be out but she needs to resign as manager too

mk1

Quote from: perseus on July 06, 2013, 08: PM
So she's possibly quit her 'job' that paid an allowance of £5,767 per year. But, she's hung onto her 'job' managing MRA which pays what? £25,000pa? £30,000pa? £40,000pa? £50,000pa? God knows how much. Plus the money paid to her friends and family.

Hate to say 'I told you so' but.................

http://www.forum.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/index.php/topic,1022.msg12299.html#msg12299

Quote from: mk1 on June 29, 2013, 07: PM
Wilcox will be secretly  approached by the 2 fatties. She will be told it is all over for her but if she goes quietly and does not implicate the fatties they will continue her funding under the cover of the usual bollox about  'measures taken to ensure it does not happen again'. They will have to put  someone over her but she will have the nod for her and her  puppet master to keep a hand in the till and continue  employing the  extended family. The alternative will be a complete end to council funding so Angie/Cranny really have no choice but to take the deal.

Inspector Knacker

A nation mourns.......... or maybe not.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

Quote from: not4me on July 06, 2013, 07: PM
word seems to be out but she needs to resign as manager too

If this "Manager" was in charge of "Private Sector" business, she wouldn`t have the chance to resign, she would be asked to clear her desk & leave the building in about 5 minutes & she would be accompanied by security guards while she did it.

The 2 month period of grace given to MR was a ridiculous concession, we can only imagine what it is possible to sanitise in that time period.

Inspector Knacker

Call me old fashioned, but I'd want to know all the facts from top to bottom.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Hartlepudlion

Stand by for the bye-election and do your bit to stop the seat going to a Labour stooge.

So come on Lilley, Stevel, chairman McCelland get your troops organised, work as a team and make sure Hartlepool First is first.

Kitchnstauff

What is wrong with the people at MRA, they must have Stockholm Sydrome or something! they know that AW is treating them S@@t but they still defend her.

She has resigned from the council (or made to go?) not its time she went from MRA, is it only me? but until she is totally cleared of everything should she not be suspended? but there she is still wheeling and dealing trying to cover her tracks.

The staff at MRA need to be saying enough is enough, not only the satff but the management committee, but thats just Carol Jeffries her BFF, but she has got them a new mobile each that will pacify them, so easily bought!

misinformed

well said Kitchnstauff, but the committee don't have the backbone to stand up to her, ok sorry that's a bit harsh I don't think they know how to suspend or sack her... after all she tells them what to say and what to do.. its down to the staff now to get her out, a vote of no confidence is needed by ALL staff.. I mean what have they to lose for if she stays I worry their jobs wont last much longer... shame shame shame as MR was a great centre and could be again.......

Brown sword

Interesting thoughts Perseus. Personally I think Lynda has already done her bit by giving local politics a big shake up.
I hope I am wrong but I can only see AW's seat staying with Labour and somebody like Allan Barclay being voted in.
Fred C seems like he would be able to cut it in a ward, but Cranney appears to be very popular on the Belle Vue to lose that one in a hurry.

Brown sword

I can't run to lap tops Perseus. Just the observations of someone who follows local politics with interest, I sense that Barclay is well thought of by the AB's and that they owe him after he failed to get in on Rossmere Fens