SAB Resigns from MRA

Started by steveL, July 05, 2013, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Quote from: for fawkes sake on July 05, 2013, 10: AM
Isn't this the ultimate ducking of responsibility? Yes he needed to resign but not before doing what he could to ensure the future of MR by getting the rest of the Trustees together and sacking Wilcox.

Was he not in The Mail the other night telling us he was 'there for the long haul?' In resigning before carrying out his last and probably most important responsibility, he has left MR in the hands of that bloody awful woman proving that he is far more bothered about himself and his own future than he is about anyone in Owton Manor.

This is a bit silly isn't it? On Monday, he was telling us all he was in it for the long haul. By Tuesday, he wants us to believe, he had suddenly discovered that Wilcox wasn't always 'transparent' with information.

Did he have a 'vision in the night'? Or was it that he just decided that it was time to steal a lifeboat and row like hell?

What a coward.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

brassed off monkey

Quote from: steveL on July 05, 2013, 12: PM
Apparently, the other Trustees had no idea that SAB had resigned or intended to resign. Teamwork eh?

Any notion that Who Cares(NE) under Wilcox and Cranney should continue to receive public funds is laughable but that doesn't mean they won't try to do it.

Even now, Hall is desperately still claiming that he never awarded any contract to Manor Residents. That's his defence - that Who Cares(NE) was a completely separate company. Even though:

• It had the same telephone number and address
  • Manor Residents accounts were used to assess if Who Cares(NE) could be relied upon for proper financial management
  • The MR accounts show consistent overlap with Who Cares(NE)
  • The recent audit showed that MR had paid salaries for WC by cheque

In short, Hall is dead in the water

I notice one of the CCJ`s was against WE(N/E), but the address given is that of Manor Residents of Kilmarnock Road Hartlepool.

There appears to be to many bits of paper linking the 2 organisations for Gedwood to claim they are seperate entities.

I wonder if he will resign from somewhere ?????? it seems it`s the done thing with the Gleeful Trio

" Come Watson The Games is afoot "

It would take more than Sherlock Holmes & Watson to sort out this lot.

steveL

He's in MENSA, you know. That's one thing he did manage to put on his registered interests. Not certain, but I think it's The Land of Oz branch.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Who Cares (NE) has a tiny office within Manor Residents in Kilmarnock Road. According to its accounts, Who Cares paid a fortune to construct this little office (I think £146,000) within Manor Residents even though it amounts to not much more than a partition wall.

Interestingly though, although Who Cares paid for it, Who Cares then pays Manor Residents rent to sit in it.

Now there's a little arrangement that has Cranney written all over it.

brassed off monkey

I did see a reference somewhere about Oxford & education, I just assumed it was Oxford St school.

Silly me.

not4me

So that's the two A-Bs, Wilcox, Hall Cranney and probably James.

No wonder they're circling the wagon train.  :o

steveL

I think you can add Councillor Stubbs to that little list.

ARC86

Once you reach the top, there is only one way you can go, and that's downwards but who would have seen this coming just 3 months into the new system?

Hartlepudlion

May I remind you all not to get too carried away by the MR/WC shenanigans as there are other 'charity' organisations that need looking at. Some have just been mentioned so will add my pennyworth.
Cllr James awarded West View the grant over the CAB. Why when WV blatantly can't handle the job and refer their clients to the CAB
HDVA employ at least two Cllrs - Tempest and, of course our 'dear leader' CAB.
Cranney and his mattresses and unpaid debts. The Rockhaven purchase.
Rumours of Cllrs and senior helpers having first choice of the goods donated to the food banks.

And so it goes on. I am sure many more examples can be added.

For the sake of the good charities ALL the charities who receive monies from HBC need to be investigated.

mk1

This a a gem:

Coun Akers-Belcher wrote: "Although as a board member I have asked for change in relation to more information coming to the board meetings e.g. detailed financial reports and administration support, this has only been achieved following my role as a critical friend to the organisation

See it was him who brought all this to light.........................

pensionater

I personally think that every job or funding that has been awarded without going out to tender should be looked into. Didn't Stubbs walk straight into the job because the MOB decided he was the best and only man for the job. 

Missy K

I think no matter what the Charity is, if it has Councillors on a board, committee or employed within, its obvious that suspicion will arise if grants are given from the Council!

Simple answer for worried Councillors: don't get involved.

mk1

Quote from: steveL on July 05, 2013, 01: PM
Who Cares (NE) has a tiny office within Manor Residents in Kilmarnock Road. According to its accounts, Who Cares paid a fortune to construct this little office (I think £146,000) within Manor Residents even though it amounts to not much more than a partition wall.

Interestingly though, although Who Cares paid for it, Who Cares then pays Manor Residents rent to sit in it.

Now there's a little arrangement that has Cranney written all over it.

That is why they so intertwined the two organisations.You can keep all  sorts of invoices flying between the two with a handsome skim off the top of every one. It also makes the paperwork so impenetrable that  it takes a lot of effort to track where the money really went. I know we have fixated on Angie but it can not be seriously claimed she has the wit to do it by herself. It is obvious there is a puppet master behind the scenes.
If my memory serves me well when Cranney was dragged into court at Newcastle   Angie was  the main witness against him.  I believe she complained to the Police that Cranney was threatening her but by the time it got to court Angie suddenly 'lost her memory' and backtracked on all she said about Cranney. Indeed the Judge was just as critical about her  evasions as he was about Cranney. Maybe history is going to repeat itself?