SAB Resigns from MRA

Started by steveL, July 05, 2013, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Looks like he's taken the hint. He's finally resigned over 'the lack of information surrounding the Tribunals' but more likely after he realised he was in the firing line.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

testing times

The timing is interesting. Must have been soon after the 'Equally Culpable' story on the front page appeared. Any chance you could write another one, 'Seaton Man Wins Lottery." You never know. ;D

View from

Very interesting development.  Give it a week, it'll be in the Mail.

steveL

oooo....you're so unfair

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

marky

There's nothing like a sinking ship to bring the rats to the surface.
Being taken to a tribunal (never mind 5) is a serious thing. You would assume that it was serious enough to have been discussed by the Trustees and therefore the Trustees must have sanctioned the ridiculous appeal against Lynda Gooding. If there was no discussion, then there bloody well should have been.

Either way, they ALL need to go, not just SAB and will someone please explain why Wilcox is still there?

Inspector Knacker

A bit like the captain of the Titanic putting his notice in after hitting the  iceberg.....?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Stevef

and just like an iceberg, two-thirds of it is still under the surface
You are what you do. It is what it does. Everything else is illusion or Delusion.

Inspector Knacker

If you were the Captain of thd Titanic , the point at which to resign would surely be before hitting thd iceberg .....but ideally, avoid voyages in such dangerous waters in the first place.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lord Elpus

One would have thought more of SAB if he had pushed for the sacking of WIicox as his final act.

I was talking to a MRA board member this morning and they had no idea of the situation they find themselves in.  I suspect most board members have been chosen for their lack of experience.

Stevef

I wonder how long it will take before councillor Beck jumps over board. If he had any sense he would have gone a long time ago.

The point the SCAB are missing is that jumping ship now be it, WCNE or MRA, does not relive them of responsibility for what happened on their watch. As a director and trustee they had to of had knowledge of the actions of these organisations and a legal responsibility to take action to correct any wrong doing. As the Chairman and the leader of the council they were both in an ideal position to do so.

Not only did they choose not too, they publicly defended the actions of these two rouge organisations, even to the point of publicly telling lies in the council chamber. Then when things get so bad and these organisation begin to flounder, they resign and pretend it has nothing to do with them.

How did a political party, formed to represent the working and disadvantaged people of this country, ever allow such a devious lying pair of cowards get into the position of claiming to represent the people of Hartlepool.
You are what you do. It is what it does. Everything else is illusion or Delusion.

steveL

'rouge organisations' - I like that - rouge as in 'red' or as in those ladies who like to use blusher. Personally, I would have used the word 'rogue' but each to their own. ;)

for fawkes sake

Isn't this the ultimate ducking of responsibility? Yes he needed to resign but not before doing what he could to ensure the future of MR by getting the rest of the Trustees together and sacking Wilcox.

Was he not in The Mail the other night telling us he was 'there for the long haul?' In resigning before carrying out his last and probably most important responsibility, he has left MR in the hands of that bloody awful woman proving that he is far more bothered about himself and his own future than he is about anyone in Owton Manor.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

fred c

I have witnessed at first hand how this excuse for a councillor behaves under pressure, he is hoping that by resigning now he will escape the fallout when MRA goes T*ts Up, it was only the other day that this odious specimen vowed that he was in it for the "Long Haul" so much for that statement of intent.

He cannot escape his responsibilities now, he should have been at the forefront of the investigation into the running of MRA & the actions of its manager A Wilcox, to attempt to absolve himself of any responsibility now will be seen for what it is, an act of Moral Cowardice.

I wonder did he discuss his abandonment of MRA & the rest of the Trustees with them, or has he just slithered out under the door of the place & left them to it.

We can see by this latest action by someone connected to the failed MRA that HBC has lost its grip on Grant Funded projects, the only way to restore public confidence in their ability to do so in the future would be to call in the police to Investigate MRA.

bimbo 1

Don't forget about Cranney he is as bent as an arabs dagger Mr Teflon I bet he keeping head down ,he has been in it from the start over 20years

steveL

Apparently, the other Trustees had no idea that SAB had resigned or intended to resign. Teamwork eh?

Any notion that Who Cares(NE) under Wilcox and Cranney should continue to receive public funds is laughable but that doesn't mean they won't try to do it.

Even now, Hall is desperately still claiming that he never awarded any contract to Manor Residents. That's his defence - that Who Cares(NE) was a completely separate company. Even though:

• It had the same telephone number and address
  • Manor Residents accounts were used to assess if Who Cares(NE) could be relied upon for proper financial management
  • The MR accounts show consistent overlap with Who Cares(NE)
  • The recent audit showed that MR had paid salaries for WC by cheque

In short, Hall is dead in the water