MR Lose Second Tribunal

Started by steveL, July 03, 2013, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

MR have lost second tribunal....this time for unfair dismissal and paying less than minimum wage. I gather Wilcox didn't bother to turn up. £4,000 compensation ordered.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Mr Mister

This is regarding the young chap I suppose.. he was beaten up too!

mk1

Quote from: steveL on July 03, 2013, 02: PM
MR have lost second tribunal....this time for unfair dismissal and paying less than minimum wage. I gather Wilcox didn't bother to turn up. £4,000 compensation ordered.

Angie sent them a letter explaining why she could not make it. She  clearly remembers writing it yesterday and posting it last week!

steveL

on my reckoning there's 3 more to come. I wonder if the court offers bulk discounts?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Hartlepudlion

The only problem with all these tribunals and awards is that they will have to be paid by MR etc thus depriving the needy of assistance. Ultimately, of course, it is the CT payer who really pays.

I seem to remember that trustees are personally responsible and have to bear their own costs, fines etc should there be criminal activity by the organisation they are overseeing. Similarly are not Councillors held personally responsible for their actions and could be brought to book by the courts and could have to reimburse the Council for any misappropriations. Or did the Last Labour Government absolve them of all responsibility? Anybody know?

brassed off monkey

Thats £13,000 so far, with the probability of a lot more to come, as Trustees S Akers Belcher & P Beck are ultimately responsible for the manager & management policy of MRA, who can we expect to pay this compensation?

They along with the other trustees should be held to account for the debts incurred by the organisation they are supposed to oversee, what Bulls**t excuse will "The Consort"come up with about this second judgement ?

MRA is riddled with incompetence & for HBC to attempt to bail it out to save Red Faces for anyone connected to it is not an option, any councillor who has held a position or has had dealings with this discredited outfit should seriouly consider their positions.

Ther can be "No More Excuses" no attempted cover up, as was the case with the Phoenix Centre, "The Dear Leader" has had his chance of running the council his way, he has failed miserably his personnal connection as a former board member with WC(N/E) who have financial ties to MRA should bring his judgement under close inspection.

The excuse of poor management practices is also unacceptable, a full & proper audit needs to be conducted to account for every penny spent by MRA, it is now time for HBC to call in the police

HBC should not be giving this Organisation 1p more of ratepayers money, the only way to sort it out is to let it go to the wall & start again, but it needs to be done immedialtely, not in 2 months time

Lucy Lass-Tick

Read all about it ... Angie's excuses are getting feebler as this evolves! This poor chappie didn't even get his NI/PAYE delivered to HMRC on time. I've never heard of contributions being held by the employer up until the end of the tax year (only a final reconciliation to tie up any loose ends,  as it was always normal to pass over any deductions monthly).

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/second-manor-residents-association-worker-wins-payout-1-5820628

marky

The guy started work in January last year (2012) which means that, even if what Wilcox says was true, she would have handed over his tax/NI in April 2012.

She also say that everyone had a contract - not true - but I'm sure they do now - though how many of them have a genuine signature on them is another matter.

The woman is a habitual liar but so far, that seems to be not a sufficient reason for the Trustees to sack her.

rabbit

The ex Mayor Stuart Drummond must be laughing his socks off.

stokoe

Quote from: rabbit on July 04, 2013, 04: PM
The ex Mayor Stuart Drummond must be laughing his socks off.

Thought the same thing yesterday rabbit,where has he retired to by the way?

mk1

The Mail story on the second Manor claim  generated a lot of comments today. Sadly a very thorough purge has been carried out to remove the most critical comments but there are 2 from a 'cuddles' that could be Wilcox herself. It certainly reads like the leaflet that was used to try and smear G. Lilley.

The second one has  been deleted from the Mail site

I notice out of all the articles that have been written about councillor Wilcox not one have included any of the positives she has done for the manor ward how she has supported people when they have needed it helped people out raised money etc., I notice how this piece does not state all the help she gave to Mr Williams in the last year. every one has their own opinion but now everyone is jumping on the band wagon the same as usual in a situation like this. I think that the everyone needs to realise the meaning of local news councillor Wilcox is a person and a individual who also has feelings and the mail should think about that.

I support Angela Wilcox 100% because I am one of the community that realise what has done for people and how she would make sure they got what they needed

just for you information Mr mister councillor Wilcox is not my mother she is no relation to me and councillor Wilcox has helped me out and gave me great advice for the problems I have had in the past and as you so called no it all's that think you some how no every minor detail well your wrong I would love to see your reaction if the shoe was on the other foot, and as for bringing peoples personal lives into the situation what right do you actually have? let me think about that NONE!!!! I think you all should be banned from commenting, you don't only like to hurt one but other people too. I think its about time real news was put on the front of the mail other than the same thing there was a headline today about a innocent girl being raped but the mail seem to think that isn't important what they think is important is ruining peoples lives and not getting the facts right. as for all you know it all's one day when the truth comes out I hope you feel very guilty for what you have said

misinformed

deep down I don't think anyone can complain about the job MR did, or the vital work that was done to help so many in the past... but what we have to think is the things that are finally becoming public now has ruined all the hard work that was done.......... the hard work that was done to set up MR is now gone... and maybe for good... Politics and community centres should never of been allowed they should of stayed independent the way the MR founder had insisted all her HARD working life.. shame a good centre may now be lost because of greed..

steveL

I don't think all is yet lost.

Wilcox and the Trustees all need to go...and soon. Someone then needs to be put in to sort the accounts out and identify precisely what has been going on with those responsible brought to justice.

The longer Wilcox and the present Trustees are allowed to hang on then the more likely it is that the organisation will founder.

misinformed

thing is who is going to put funding into a centre that now has a reputation for being dishonest... mud sticks... even if and when AW goes there is little funding left.. AW may be gone but there will need to be a lot of hard work to get it back to the level it once had..........

steveL

That's why Wilcox and the present Trustees need to go. If the public sees that HBC is serious about sorting things out then they will support it - the need is still there.

Having said that, there's no sign of it. With 5 Labour Councillors closely involved in MR/WC you can see where the problem is. The more s**t that comes out of MR, the more they themselves are tainted with it and they are trying to keep the lid on it to avoid the domino effect - hence their efforts to defend the indefensible with Wilcox.

I think that there is growing acceptance that grant/community funding needs to operate under a completely different regime. They need to be properly managed, properly audited and involve Trustees who understand their responsibilities - not a set of patsies who think that they're there to attend coffee groups and to water the plants.

In Manor, funding has been hijacked for personal and political purposes which is why in future, councillors need to be kept well out of it.

There are plenty of people within MR who will do everything necessary to help it survive.