Interesting Read... the things people say

Started by steveL, July 01, 2013, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

brassed off monkey

Interesting quotes from Ged Wood

Questions had been raised in scrutiny about community interest company Who Cares (NE) getting such a big pot of cash. But Councillor Ged Hall, portfolio holder for adult and public health services, was quick to point out that all the right processes had been followed".

Coun Hall, who has been heavily involved with the project, said: "Various concerns were raised about the awarding of the contract. We took legal advice from a barrister and they confirmed there were no issues whatsoever in the development of the process in rewarding the contract."

He added: "We are in great financial difficulties in this town and in this council. I praise my colleagues for raising points of concern, but I think they have been addressed and answered.

"That shows we are going to look at things in the coming year and be very careful about the budget and policies."

Crikey, how prophetic were those comments ? talk about making a complete James Hunt of yourself