The Calamitous Leadership of Akers-Belcher

Started by steveL, June 29, 2013, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

You can't help but wonder if the local labour party are asleep or just in a state of denial. From the fake savings figures claimed on their referendum leaflet, through Ged Hall's now infamous phone call and the ban on the public asking questions at council meetings, the Brash/Hargreaves business and the never ending defence of a thoroughly dishonest woman . . .

Akers-Belcher leadership has been calamitous for Labour.

If Christopher Akers-Belcher is a Leader then maybe Jedward weren't so obnoxious after all.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Hazysky

Inspector Knacker

We've heard of Lions led by Donkeys....  or in this case,  Donkeys led by Donkreys ....?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

With these 2 you have to wonder, Who is Leading Whom & by What...... what a "Pair"

Brown sword

I would imagine that the likes of Carl, Chris Simmons, Robbie etc must be a tad embarrassed about all the bad things going on at the hands of Hall, the Akers-Belchers, Wilcox and potentially Cranney who many suspect is her decision maker.

Lord Elpus

Quote from: perseus on June 29, 2013, 06: PM
Very interesting this. Very interesting. Received a text a little earlier from a contact who keeps a discreet eye on the local political goings on.

Anyway, there appears to have been a meeting today in a pub out of town, of various members of a certain local group. Interestingly, it seemed to be just rank and file members. No leaders were present. (Not that they actually are any real leaders of the group in question, but still).

Leadership challenge?  ::)

I bet there's a good few saying come back Jonathan and Pamela.  The H'ackers leadership could loose some vulnerable Councillors their seats next May/June.  I bet Richardson was there plotting, nowt he loves better than stabbing leaders in the back (not in the sexual sense, in fact IMHO his sexuality is the only straight thing about him).

The H'ackers and Mad Dog are away at a LGA conference this weekend.

I get the impression Labour North have had enough and Shighty would be only glad too happy see the H'ackers downfall, cos he knows CAB is after a safe Labour seat, his.  Ohh err missus.

norfolkngoode

Quote from: perseus on June 29, 2013, 06: PM

Leadership challenge?  ::)

Hopefully Perseus.

Someone needs to get a grip of this lot.
'They don't like it up em'

stokoe

Mind you did not see GED.wood in corals today,last week he was betting on the
Dogs just after 10 am.

Lord Elpus

Gedall was at St Matthews hall 111 year celebration this afternoon, him and John Lauderdale were very close, sharing a pot of tea. 

steveL

Not to put a dampener on things, but if what Perseus says is true then I doubt if we are talking about anything more than a switch in the Leader and, to be honest, that just won't do. It would amount to no more than changing the curtains in a room where the furniture is rotten.

Those who have been following this saga will know that the awarding of the connected care contract throws a much wider net than just the obnoxious CAB. In all, we have no fewer than 7 councillors playing a significant part in the whole rotten business from the fiddlers to the bullies.

I can see a change in Leader being used, complete with Mail fanfare, to  declare that everything is now OK in the gulag but that would be very far from the truth.

Cranney, for example, was up to his tricks under CAB, Simmons, Payne, Brash and Waller and long before that using James (and non-councillors) as his patsy front men.

A whole new way of allocating public money is needed, one which recognises the good guys (of which there are many) and keeps both self and party interest out of it.

mk1

Wilcox will be secretly  approached by the 2 fatties. She will be told it is all over for her but if she goes quietly and does not implicate the fatties they will continue her funding under the cover of the usual bollox about  'measures taken to ensure it does not happen again'. They will have to put  someone over her but she will have the nod for her and her  puppet master to keep a hand in the till and continue  employing the  extended family. The alternative will be a complete end to council funding so Angie/Cranny really have no choice but to take the deal.

steveL

If Wilcox and the Trustees haven't all gone within 7 days then frankly, I would stop all further money. You cannot keep handing over money to an organisation run by someone who a judge has labelled as 'dishonest' and even politically that would be suicide.

I would send in someone who can tear through the accounts with a tooth comb - and I know just the person to do it.

steveL

Quote from: Lord Elpus on June 29, 2013, 07: PM
Gedall was at St Matthews hall 111 year celebration this afternoon, him and John Lauderdale were very close, sharing a pot of tea.

Was he there in his private capacity? Apparently, you know he's acting in a private capacity when he introduces himself as Councillor Hall.  :o

misinformed

considering 2 plus AW are councillors , the rest of the committee will do what ever they are told to do.. considering SAB told them all in a meeting not so long back that all is ok, and not to believe anything they hear outside the room, as I mean come on only the truth is told in that committee room.................... thing is now will AW go quietly and do the right thing or she will do what any other corrupt councillor does and take everyone she can down with her... hence why else is CAB, SAB and the rest of the crowd still saying the rather laughable saying of everything is OK........ ;)