Hospital Transport

Started by Inspector Knacker, June 26, 2013, 06: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

I read the Mail article sbout transport to North Tees and despite the problems highlighted for years for those without cars, all that came up was 'volunteer drivers'...... how sad, to think this is the best they can come up with. The very minimal they could do was offer a dedicated subsidised service hallf hourly on a full size vehicle with low floor accessibility, so people have an independent, reliable means of getting to North Tees...... They take away your hospital and offer yoj a volunteer driver... a bitter cocktail of  patronising Victorian do gooding  and third world thinking..... quite frankly, emabarassing.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

steveL

Hartlepool has one of the lowest car ownership rates in the UK - not that this would mean anything to those running company cars or on generous expenses schemes - like those making the decisions about where our hospital should be.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

Realistically, such a service should have been one of the basic requirements,but it took them by surprise years ago and continues to do so, as though the concept of  everyone not having a car is still a mystery to them.......they moan about the cost of providing access, well you should have planned for such a bleedingly obvious scenario,if something as obvious as that couldn't be sorted out, what hope for the difficult things......?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

tankerville

I attended the hospital meeting in the Wingfield Castle Suite and raised that exact same question to the consultant his reply; There are people on that table discussing that aspect right now I walked over but it was all flannel and 'sadly' I've heard it all so many times before.

Walked out in disgust it was all cut and dry as far as they were concerned. Richard Mennear took details of what I had said and my concerns duly noted.

It appeared along with others that attended consisting of ONE LINE. So much for honest reporting.