More Games Played Over Hospital

Started by steveL, June 25, 2013, 11: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Yet another example of HBC dancing to the tune of the Hospital Trust. There's a lot of duplicity here. Remember the silly and completely empty threat to commission health services from other Trusts? Aimed at public consumption with one-eye on next May's elections.

The reality is quite different and is one of a council totally complicit in the loss of our hospital.

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/more%20hospital%20games.htm
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

I don't think there ever will be a Wynyard Hospital........ but if there was 100% council backing and the deal fell through, the trust could then turn around and say we have the full backing of the council,.. checkmate
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

steveL

You have to really concentrate to pick up the subtleties of the shifting sands on which this new hospital will be built. Notice the change from the Government being asked to under-write the scheme to the new position of the Government being asked to 'part-fund' it . . . that tells us that the Trust can't find the money . . . and will someone remind me when it was that Councillor Stubbs was elected?

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/crunch-meeting-taking-place-on-future-of-300m-wynyard-hospital-between-trust-bosses-and-health-secretary-jeremy-hunt-1-5797469
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

Will the name of our hospital be changed to the 'University Convalescant Home of Hartlepool', when the North Tees borrowers load up the last of the meaningful services and transfer them to Stockton on a hand cart....? Why didn't they just build a conveyor belt in the first place.... a one way one of course.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

grim reaper

Well now we can all plainly see that it isn't just the Councillor's that are totally oblivious to the people of Hartlepool.  :(
The Chief Executive of OUR town has stated in the local rag;

"Mr Stubbs said: "I can't believe anybody in Hartlepool or East Durham does not want a new state-of-the-art hospital"

Is he really that stupid, or is he another in the thrall of the Labour goons?  >:(

Mr Stubbs, if you know anything about this town at all, you may remember a small aspect relating to the hospital, stating in excess of 30,000 Hartlepool people wanted OUR hospital to be the one in Holdforth Road.

Maybe, like so much of what goes on in Hartlepool Council, you didn't get to read the petition;
or you didn't hear of it as it got lost in the post.

Did you hear about the march against closure of OUR hospital?
Maybe you were on holiday and you missed it.

It really is disingenuous (I've put that politely) of you to state that everyone in Hartlepool & East Durham wants a new hospital built in Wynyard.

What a den of iniquity the Civic Centre is.

steveL

"The three letters - signed by chair of the health and wellbeing board, Labour councillor Carl Richardson, council chief executive Dave Stubbs and council leader Christopher Akers-Belcher - was written to show there is support in town for the proposals, which would see the new hospital replace the University Hospital of Hartlepool and the University Hospital of North Tees.

Speaking earlier this week, Mr Stubbs said: "The feeling in London is that the more support from local people, the more advantage we get and it belays the feeling what we don't want it, that we are fighting so hard for the old hospital that we don't want the new one."

He added: "We all want a hospital in Hartlepool and we have to make sure that the new hospital is built as soon as possible, within the grounds of Hartlepool."

Anyone know which ward Councillor Stubbs represents? I always thought he was the impartial Chief Executive.  ::)

grim reaper

I don't know the mechanics of how it could happen but I believe that so much 'subterfuge' has gone on in this town, carried out by councillors, under the benign watch of senior officers that I think it is time someone from the Govt. was brought in to oversee just what is going on.

This has happened in other questionable councils...it is time for the rock to be lifted and a light shone under ours.

for fawkes sake

The way that the hospital trust has treated the public of Hartlepool and the way that the Labour Group have abused their position both have one thing in common which is an open contempt for democracy. I'm afraid the country is littered with such groups with far too much power.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."