Smell !!

Started by seaton, June 20, 2013, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaton

In the last few weeks I have been around the Belle Vue area and the smell is disgusting which I assume comes from the surrounding tips. I sympathise with any one who lives or works round there. I thought Tesco might have some thing to say as it must affect their air Conditioning , certainly won't attract shoppers.

norfolkngoode

Something we MUST thank the local council for...... And it is unique to Hartlepool.......

The town centre landfill!  :-[ >:(

Wouldnt happen anywhere else. >:( >:( >:( >:(
'They don't like it up em'

bimbo 1

You want to LIVE up the MANOR  mate not just the smell rotten you want to smell MANOR RES   

Inspector Knacker

The joke about this is, when these things are proposed, we're given the usual old buzz words, such as 'green', 'recycling' and 'environmentally friendly'....... what we're really talking are stinking rubbish sorting plants, they stink, they're not meadows wafted with the odour of scented wild flowers. Then there's the artics, travelling to the town from far and wide to deposit their 'cargo of delight' in the centre of town ..... all that distance..... are we the only place stupid enough to put up with it....?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

tankerville

If you live long enough you see things happening time and again over the years West Hartlepool became the focal point for the dumping of waste from the GLAXO PLANT at Barnard Castle.

Lorry after Lorry dumped their foul black waste into the clear waters of Middleton Basin.

With of course the full approval of West Hartlepool LABOUR controlled Council of course.

It also looks as though the other so called land fill ' mountain ' at Seaton  is growing even higher than the allowed height but then again nothing changes.... Does it?.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Seaton regularly smells, the food additive place near the Power Station also contributes to a sickly mix.

The two faced cheek of the council is beyond belief, allowing business that result in the narrow main road through Seaton being used by a ridiculous number of stinking lorries that leave it covered in filth and literally disintegrating AND THEN they try to promote the filthy tip as a seaside resort.

The council must be in receipt of massive backhanders or really thick to allow it to happen.

Have you seen the new housing estate, The Dunes right next to one of the tips, must be mad to think somebody is going to buy one of those houses.

I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

After losing most of our old polluting heavy industry, it appears there's a real 'effort' being made to recreate the golden days of pollution with matching smells and eyesores to whisk us nostalgically back to  the delghts we're all missing...... we should go one further and demand rickets are brought back and build a workhouse on the hospital site.........  ::)
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

It has been the policy of Hartlepool Council for a long time. They accept sh*ite from all over the country because it generates an income.
Put simply they make money from it and it is not going to change any time soon. Niromax didn't  locate here by accident.