What's going on?

Started by DRiddle, November 06, 2019, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

Re: What's going on?
« Reply #240 on: November 13, 2019, 08: PM »
If you take the time to actually read what I have written you would "get" that what I am asking is why is being realistic about our island is racist, so no, my question is not about immigration, it's about racism and the way the accusation of racism is used to silence common sense.

"OUR island"?

fred c

Quote from: mk1 on November 13, 2019, 07: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 13, 2019, 05: PM

Campaigning to undo an election result is not a fruitcake action, it's far worse than that, it's a chest thumping contempt for democracy.

Ah now I know what the problem is. You think 'democracy' means once you get what you want then no on else  is allowed to challenge or work overturn that decision under any circumstance.

If the result of referendum had been acted upon, that would have been seen as democracy in action....

Those who wanted to remain could then have campaigned using the democratic process for a referendum to rejoin the EU.

mk1

Quote from: fred c on November 14, 2019, 08: AM

If the result of referendum had been acted upon, that would have been seen as democracy in action....

The UK would be out now if  JRM and the die-hard isolationists had voted for Mays deal.

It was not the Remainers who prevented it but the extreme Leavers

The blame lies with the Leavers.

fred c

Quote from: mk1 on November 14, 2019, 08: AM

The UK would be out now if  JRM and the die-hard isolationists had voted for Mays deal.

It was not the Remainers who prevented it but the extreme Leavers

The blame lies with the Leavers.

Ohh no it doesn't

mk1

Ohh no it doesn't
It does.
May spent millions bribing the DUP so she had a majority. This means that if all the Tories voted with their party then the act would have been passed and the opposition could not have stopped it. That is a fact. The problem was the bong-eyed loony hard Brexiteers who hate everything to do with Europe and they scuppered it so they could crash out with No Deal. They deliberately wrecked Mays deal. 

That is so well-known that  only someone who also wants an extreme No Deal solution would even bother trying to deny it.
I think the problem might be that  you do not understand the distinction between an 'Agreement' and a 'No Deal' crash-out.
The Tory remainers were on-board for Mays deal and only blocked the fruitcakes from getting their  No Deal solution.
They did not vote against May's Agreement JRM did.

The truth is it was the fruitcakes who scuppered your dream.

Tee_Ess_25er

Quote from: DRiddle on November 14, 2019, 01: AM

I haven't 'suddenly become' some hard core self opinionated europhile. I don't consider myself for one second to be cleverer than anyone else, nor am I in any way trying to 'prove myself to be'.

But I can quickly 'become that person' and 'play that roll' if I deem it necessary to do so to illustrate a point.

And right now, I DO deem it necessary.

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 14, 2019, 07: AM
Seriously listen to yourself - the real teachers I knew would not waste their time in local politics and trying to play mind games here......they were considered to be professionals .

I suspect somebody in either your private or professional life has advised you that you had lost the plot and were acting like a c**k ......

Hence the "I had a plan" post........

Phew thanks...we were all getting a little worried ( not)

Are council elections due anytime soon?

So do you consider yourself cleverer than everybody else, it seems like what you are saying here is that you are not but somehow have a switch that you can turn on to play the role of a cleverer person, really!!, are you a drama teacher?

I have the same opinion of akarjl2, you have either realised you have been on a days long trip of some sort OR someone has mentioned you are losing it so you are now making out that the tone of your posts was your plan all along, I don't buy it because quite frankly if you where that good an actor you would not be a drama teacher would you. (btw guessing it's not any sciences either due to the sun comments)

Finally, frankly for you to come up with:

Quote from: DRiddle on November 14, 2019, 01: AM
And some of you . . . . Have just been taught a lesson.

Is the absolute height of arrogance, far and above what even MK1 would put out on this forum I daresay.

I used to have a lot of respect for you David but that is now fast dwindling.

Yes there is a bit of baiting here as I do not know what you teach but one thing I can say from my perspective you have not taught anything here except pity for someone who seems to be losing the plot.

BTW before you ask, I voted remain

fred c

Quote from: mk1 on November 14, 2019, 08: AM

Ohh no it doesn't
It does.
May spent millions bribing the DUP so she had a majority. This means that if all the Tories voted with their party then the act would have been passed and the opposition could not have stopped it. That is a fact. The problem was the bong-eyed loony hard Brexiteers who hate everything to do with Europe and they scuppered it so they could crash out with No Deal. They deliberately wrecked Mays deal. 

That is so well-known that  only someone who also wants an extreme No Deal solution would even bother trying to deny it.
I think the problem might be that  you do not understand the distinction between an 'Agreement' and a 'No Deal' crash-out.
The Tory remainers were on-board for Mays deal and only blocked the fruitcakes from getting their  No Deal solution.
They did not vote against May's Agreement JRM did.

The truth is it was the fruitcakes who scuppered your dream.

Ohhhh No It Wasn't

mk1

akarjl2

Simple solution = split the union

Scotland get on with it- self funded
NI get on with it- self funded
Wales get on with it- self funded

England move ahead without minority regions holding us to ransom.....

On this occasion MK1 is spot on re JRM and Co. I wonder ( well I don't really) if JRM shorted the pound just before the carnage occurred with the traitors in parliament ignoring the will of the electorate and the pound diving ?
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

DRiddle

I'm not particularly bothered if you've lost respect for me to be honest.

Asking largely faceless anonymous people on a political debating forum for their reasons for voting Brexit is hardly a crime is it?

I added a bit of life to a dying forum full of faceless Brexit voters.

If anything you should thank me.

akarjl2

Quote from: Tee_Ess_25er on November 14, 2019, 11: AM
BTW before you ask, I voted remain

The devil is in the detail..... ;) ;) ;)
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 14, 2019, 01: PM
Simple solution = split the union

Scotland get on with it- self funded
NI get on with it- self funded
Wales get on with it- self funded

England move ahead without minority regions holding us to ransom.....

I wonder if London and the South East feel the same way about the rust-belt to the north?

fred c

fred c

Quote from: DRiddle on November 14, 2019, 01: PM
I'm not particularly bothered if you've lost respect for me to be honest.

Asking largely faceless anonymous people on a political debating forum for their reasons for voting Brexit is hardly a crime is it?

I added a bit of life to a dying forum full of faceless Brexit voters.

If anything you should thank me.

What's your hat size now David ?

DRiddle

I don't wear one Fred. Getting back to the Brexit thing, I assume leave voters are confident the money regions like the north east gets from Europe will be replaced by the likes of Boris and Rhys-Mogg?

You're confident the structural funding from the EU will be fully replaced by the governments shared prosperity fund?

You considered that when you voted leave right?