New Political Group in Hartlepool

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, March 02, 2019, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: UnknownUser on March 04, 2019, 09: PM
Quote from: fred c on March 04, 2019, 03: PM
Who amongst the Independent councillors has had more parties than UnknownUser ? I am aware that Shane Moore was formerly a member of the Tory party,
Conservatives, United Kingdom Independence Party, and now formerly of the Independent Group.

Am I right?

Actually, what I want from a ward councillor is someone who can represent me ... someone who can champion the needs of the ward ... an advocate. Someone who can sort out bin collections, dog poo, grot spots, social care, parking issues & so on. I don't give a proverbial about what party or parties they may or may not have joined back in the dim & distant past. Once again this emphasises the importance of independents in local government - we don't need a political treatise (either left or right) - just people who'll roll their sleeves up & get on with the day job.

Inspector Knacker

If someone decides to change Party, that's their choice, it isn't illegal.
Unlike puppy's at Xmas, a political Party isn't for life.
It's the floating voters (who can change their mind) who decide the outcome of elections. So if it's good enough for the voters, I see no problem with a politician changing their mind.
I get more depressed by the 'Party for life' Daleks,  a sign of inflexible thought, almost quasi religious/cultish in it's application.
The present incumbents are inert, stagnating as the town meanders it's way down the drain.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

SRMoore

Who amongst the Independent councillors has had more parties than UnknownUser ? I am aware that Shane Moore was formerly a member of the Tory party,
Conservatives, United Kingdom Independence Party, and now formerly of the Independent Group.

Am I right?

No, you aren't. The Hartlepool Independent Group was never a political party and existed solely as a 'group' of independent councillors working together within Hartlepool Borough Council.

I do agree with you on your later point though. For years I have advocated that the best way for this town to move forward is for no one party/group to have overall control of HBC. Only then will people be forced to sit around the table and act like civilised adults to one and other and work together to get things done.

fred c

Am I right?

Yes you are correct........ However you mentioned more parties than "Hot Dinners" can we all assume then that you have only had 1"Hot Dinner"........Your attempt to provoke reaction with your comments here, prove you are capable of making a t**t of yourself, without help from users of this forum.

UnknownUser

Quote from: fred c on March 05, 2019, 07: AM

Am I right?

Yes you are correct........ However you mentioned more parties than "Hot Dinners" can we all assume then that you have only had 1"Hot Dinner"........Your attempt to provoke reaction with your comments here, prove you are capable of making a t**t of yourself, without help from users of this forum.
And the personal insults begin... Quelle surprise.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you, you know your nation is doomed.

Ayn Rand

UnknownUser

Quote from: SRMoore on March 04, 2019, 10: PM

Am I right?

No, you aren't. The Hartlepool Independent Group was never a political party and existed solely as a 'group' of independent councillors working together within Hartlepool Borough Council.

I do agree with you on your later point though. For years I have advocated that the best way for this town to move forward is for no one party/group to have overall control of HBC. Only then will people be forced to sit around the table and act like civilised adults to one and other and work together to get things done.

I'm originally from a city which has a council of NOC, party politics is not suited to local level in this day and age, the main parties at national level are a shambles that courses all the way down to local level.

I've lived here a couple of years and have grown quite fond of this town, what I do see though is good councillors like yourself and several others bogged down in a mire of sh!t, making real changes for the betterment of your wards and the people inside of it, however once the little Labour clique have retreated back in to the holes they emerged from and the council is leaderless, where do we go from there? Who is going to have the intensinal fortitude to grab the reins?
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you, you know your nation is doomed.

Ayn Rand

fred c

Quote from: UnknownUser on March 05, 2019, 08: AM

Am I right?

As someone who has campaigned vigorously against the Pseudo Labour party that has wasted millions of pounds in Hartlepool I can only tell you, your comments are highly offensive not only to me but to countless others who have long pointed out the failings of local party politics in local government.

So, back to your original and banal "Hot Dinners" comment, have you had more than 1 Hot Dinner.......By all means use the forum to contribute to matters than could improve the governance of the town...... however, don't expect any interaction with members of The Post when you only appear on the forum to have a dig at members......If that is your only aim, you should seriously consider joining another forum that shares your philosophy.

UnknownUser

Quote from: fred c on March 05, 2019, 01: PM

Am I right?

As someone who has campaigned vigorously against the Pseudo Labour party that has wasted millions of pounds in Hartlepool I can only tell you, your comments are highly offensive not only to me but to countless others who have long pointed out the failings of local party politics in local government.

So, back to your original and banal "Hot Dinners" comment, have you had more than 1 Hot Dinner.......By all means use the forum to contribute to matters than could improve the governance of the town...... however, don't expect any interaction with members of The Post when you only appear on the forum to have a dig at members......If that is your only aim, you should seriously consider joining another forum that shares your philosophy.

Offended you? How so?

If having another viewpoint/opinion is offensive i will not apologise for that.

I'm sure you have fought for years, however I've been here for only 2 years, however I've managed to get HBC to publish data on Grants made to voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations, as well as donations made to a youth project under the guise of various Holiday hunger schemes, as well as other wastes of money visions.

We may not see eye to eye, but the common ground between us and most in this forum should be enough to place personal differences aside, I am highly cynical of councillors regardless of which colour they nail to their flagpole again for that I will not apologise.

Ayn Rand

fred c

Quote from: UnknownUser on March 05, 2019, 02: PM
Quote from: fred c on March 05, 2019, 01: PM

Am I right?

Offended you? How so?

If having another viewpoint/opinion is offensive i will not apologise for that.

I'm sure you have fought for years, however I've been here for only 2 years, however I've managed to get HBC to publish data on Grants made to voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations, as well as donations made to a youth project under the guise of various Holiday hunger schemes, as well as other wastes of money visions.

We may not see eye to eye, but the common ground between us and most in this forum should be enough to place personal differences aside, I am highly cynical of councillors regardless of which colour they nail to their flagpole again for that I will not apologise.

I have no problems with differing viewpoints, your last paragraph is more in line with the ethos of The Post and its members, unlike some of your previous contribution.

mk1

Quote from: UnknownUser on March 05, 2019, 02: PM

We may not see eye to eye, but the common ground between us.............

See Lyndon B Johnson's quote about Herbert Hoover and the tent.