Local Election Results

Started by jeffh, May 03, 2019, 06: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Land Phil

What are the chances of money being distributed a bit more evenly around the wards ?

fred c

What about stopping the practice of awarding grant funding to councillors and organisations managed or operated by councillors........

I find it extremely difficult to believe that HBC have awarded grant funding to organisations and yet it doesn't appear to require strict auditing practises.....From memory The Manor Residents Scandal had various anomalies with its accounts several months before any action was taken.

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: fred c on May 06, 2019, 05: PM
What about stopping the practice of awarding grant funding to councillors and organisations managed or operated by councillors........

I find it extremely difficult to believe that HBC have awarded grant funding to organisations and yet it doesn't appear to require strict auditing practises.....From memory The Manor Residents Scandal had various anomalies with its accounts several months before any action was taken.

Hopefully, some of the Independent councillors will get this dodgy practice stopped AND get the full accounts published for the Rifty.  They could also call for an independent investigation into how SAB can just take over a community centre, with no question asked...or allowed to be asked!   

mk1

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on May 06, 2019, 05: PM

Hopefully, some of the Independent councillors will get this dodgy practice stopped AND get the full accounts published for the Rifty.  They could also call for an independent investigation into how SAB can just take over a community centre, with no question asked...or allowed to be asked!   

There are two chances of that happening:

a) no chance

and(more likely):

b) 'no fukcing chance whatsoever'.

For all the talk the new lot will be desperate to keep the lid on any examples of Labour Councillor wrongdoing. More so because all  the  brain-dead Councillors who stayed mute as malfeasance
swirled around them all the while actively voting to keep  the miscreants in power are still needed to perform the same reflex-voting acts for the new leader. The last thing  they want is to damage the brand. All who harbour hopes of justice &retribution are going to be bitterly disappointed. I am surprised anyone could believe otherwise. A politician will always put the needs of the party before everything else.

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: mk1 on May 06, 2019, 07: PM
Quote from: Johnny Bongo on May 06, 2019, 05: PM

There are two chances of that happening:

a) no chance

and(more likely):

b) 'no fukcing chance whatsoever'.

For all the talk the new lot will be desperate to keep the lid on any examples of Labour Councillor wrongdoing. More so because all  the  brain-dead Councillors who stayed mute as malfeasance
swirled around them all the while actively voting to keep  the miscreants in power are still needed to perform the same reflex-voting acts for the new leader. The last thing  they want is to damage the brand. All who harbour hopes of justice &retribution are going to be bitterly disappointed. I am surprised anyone could believe otherwise. A politician will always put the needs of the party before everything else.

I understand and agree what you are saying regarding the Labour councillors....but I was referring to any and all 'independent' councillors.  As they don't have a 'party' as such, then they can't be loyal to one.  Do you think that any of the anti SCAB faction would support any investigation, if it meant getting rid of the SCAB's once and for all?