the rifty is it a charity or is it not ?

Started by jawsbbc, August 13, 2018, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Bongo

By my reckoning, the PCC grant would work out at £5.54 per child per day if 50 children attended 3 days a week for 6 weeks. How much would a 'hot meal' cost, if made in bulk? What did it consist of? Soup is a hot meal (if it's hot!) as is a hot dog!  Seems to me that this grant 'chasing' is a full time job in itself!  I noticed today, that the Rifty is having the car park extended.  It must be popular then! So, who is paying for this work?  Is it necessary?  Was it mentioned in any planning meetings?   

Inspector Knacker

What intrigues me is how these people turn up at a Ouncil owned building, start running a youth project  and end up running a business from the premises.. It would be nice to know how much they actually pay for the use of the facility, just saying they pay is no guide to anything. Market rent or peppercorn rent ?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

jawsbbc

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on August 28, 2018, 10: PM
By my reckoning, the PCC grant would work out at £5.54 per child per day if 50 children attended 3 days a week for 6 weeks. How much would a 'hot meal' cost, if made in bulk? What did it consist of? Soup is a hot meal (if it's hot!) as is a hot dog!  Seems to me that this grant 'chasing' is a full time job in itself!  I noticed today, that the Rifty is having the car park extended.  It must be popular then! So, who is paying for this work?  Is it necessary?  Was it mentioned in any planning meetings?
not just for meals by the looks of it ....https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/84305/response/220281/attach/html/3/FW%20Request%20for%20funding.txt.html
https://www.cleveland.pcc.police.uk/Document-Library/Decisions/Made-By-the-PCC/2016/Scan7687.pdf

Youngsters love free holiday club
Published Monday, 14th August 2017
DOZENS of Hartlepool children are having an action-packed summer – thanks to a free community holiday club.

Around 50 children are attending the Rifty Youth Project's holiday club every weekday during the summer holidays at the Rift House Community Building in Masefield Road.he club, run by Stephen Akers-Belcher, is one of the 18 organisations to benefit from the Filling the Gap programme – a Hartlepool Council scheme to help ensure children in Hartlepool don't go hungry during the school holidays.

Stephen Akers-Belcher, who is also a Hartlepool Councillor, said: "The club is open to any child living in Hartlepool between the ages of 6 and 17. We provide a wide range of indoor and outdoor activities and the club is run solely by volunteers."

"The holiday club started three years ago and for the last two years we have received funding from the Council which enables us to provide free food for our children."...Hartlepool Mayor, Councillor Paul Beck, who chose the Rifty Youth Project as one of his nominated charities, visited the holiday club recently.

He commented: "This is a great club and clearly children love being here. Many families throughout the town are feeling the pressure financially so I think it's tremendous that children are benefitting from free activities and free food."
https://www.hartlepool.gov.uk/news/article/925/youngsters_love_free_holiday_club
https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/stephen-akers-belcher-1

crisstw

Quote from: jawsbbc on August 29, 2018, 09: AM

"The holiday club started three years ago and for the last two years we have received funding from the Council which enables us to provide free food for our children."...Hartlepool Mayor, Councillor Paul Beck, who chose the Rifty Youth Project as one of his nominated charities, visited the holiday club recently.
https://www.hartlepool.gov.uk/news/article/925/youngsters_love_free_holiday_club

Charity?

DRiddle

You'll struggle to find a council anywhere else in the country that introduces a holiday hunger scheme, then, as if by magic, allows one of its own councillors casually starts a cafe on council property that can access money from the scheme.

This sort of thing in Hartlepool has basically become 'normal'. It peaked with Wilcox and Cranney getting what was ultimately a 7 figure contract via WCNE with what was essentially a brand new company.

Talk to some members of the Labour group and they GENUINELY do not see a problem with this sort of thing.

It's become a part of the culture.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: DRiddle on August 29, 2018, 09: AM

Talk to some members of the Labour group and they GENUINELY do not see a problem with this sort of thing.

It's become a part of the culture.
It's their fiefdom, they apply their standards. They think their tenure in charge is eternal. It isn't.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: crisstw on August 29, 2018, 09: AM
Quote from: jawsbbc on August 29, 2018, 09: AM

Charity?

Anyone not from Hartlepool and / or not familiar with the workings of the SCABAL, would find it, at the very least, ODD, that a HBC councillor who is running a youth club, has got a £5K grant from HBC for a holiday hunger scheme ....and that the HBC Mayor is also donating half of his 'charity' money to the youth club, even though it's not in the ward that he was elected to serve in.  Something stinks, as we all know!  When you see just how much SAB has also claimed for the Shifty Rifty over the years, you know there's a rabbit off!

stokoe

As I have said before money under the bed, get found out, f*c* all will happen,walk away rich and happy,more hols on us.

TheLincolnshirePoacher

I can't believe how shifty this all looks. Really opened my eyes!  :o

jawsbbc

Hartlepool Borough Council Exposed
Page Liked · Yesterday ·

According to Gov.uk, you must set up your charity & register as a charity if your charitable income exceeds £5,000.
Further to a freedom of information request sent a while ago and a response issued to me today, HBC denies that they have directly funded the Rifty Youth Project, however these people did acting in the capacity of Ceremonial Mayor & on two separate occasions the income threshold was exceeded meaning the charity should be officially registered as one.
https://www.gov.uk/setting-up-charity      LOOKS LIKE HBC ARE IN DENIAL AGAIN >:(

https://www.facebook.com/239715396607059/photos/a.240091766569422/314406685804596/?type=3&theater

kevplumb

at risk of getting my sorry a** kicked
it's a scam
all I can say is he is either a blithering idiot that thinks he will get away with it or he has a bl**dy good bent accountant
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: kevplumb on September 07, 2018, 07: PM
it's a scam
all I can say is he is either a blithering idiot that thinks he will get away with it or he has a bl**dy good bent accountant

I do hope that you've evidence of either (or both).

kevplumb

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on September 07, 2018, 08: PM
Quote from: kevplumb on September 07, 2018, 07: PM
it's a scam

I do hope that you've evidence of either (or both).

evidence of him being a blithering idiot check the history
evidence of him having a bent accountant behave you pay them to cover your tracks
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment