read and laugh at the description

Started by kevplumb, March 29, 2019, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Inspector Knacker

Now that's a mystery. I've read the description for the role of Councillor, so how did this lot qualify? I've seen chimps tea party's with more dignity.
I liked the comment from a Council spokesman saying the town was a great place to live, etc, etc, etc. Where does our Chief Exec and the senior officers reside?
There's a rumour that the clique never won an election, but won a competition to run the town for a day and they all had a tantrum and said they'd hold their breath and be sick if they couldn't carry on.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on March 29, 2019, 06: PM
Now that's a mystery. I've read the description for the role of Councillor, so how did this lot qualify? I've seen chimps tea party's with more dignity.
I liked the comment from a Council spokesman saying the town was a great place to live, etc, etc, etc. Where does our Chief Exec and the senior officers reside?
There's a rumour that the clique never won an election, but won a competition to run the town for a day and they all had a tantrum and said they'd hold their breath and be sick if they couldn't carry on.

Unfortunately, they carried on....and that made the residents of Hartlepool sick!

Inspector Knacker

We're missing a chance here, our very on 'Carry On' or should I say 'What a Carry On' series of films.  So how about it, 'Carry on Councillor'?

Cast...
Coun A Nonentity...........Charles Hawtrey.
Coun I Well-Gormless.... Bernard Bresslaw.
Coun Jack Barred...........Sid James.
Coun Kulcher-Vulcher......Jack Douglas.
Coun U Fishwife.............Barbara Windsor.
Town Clerk Bland........... Kenneth Williams.
Coun Chafing.................Hattie Jacques.
Coun Docile...................Joan Sims
Coun Nuttal-There..........Jim Dale.

Filmed in Super Wiiiiiiide Panavision to fit the heads in.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.