the rifty is it a charity or is it not ?

Started by jawsbbc, August 13, 2018, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Last summer I contacted the Charity Commission on this subject, the reply I received was...."I can find no record of the Rifty Project being a charity.......Big Fibber Beck stopped calling it a charity after complaints to the then Borough Solicitor were made about its charitable status.

Not sure if the £10k from BFB has been recorded somewhere or other, if an organisation has an income over £5k it should be registered as a charity.....according to the CC chap.

As with most things connected to HBC community premises, it's almost impossible to obtain information.

mk1

This was Steve trying to find out when SAB applied for the £5000 'grant' he got when he was being asked to rubber-stamp the closure of our A&E. Fact is SAB asked for a 'Grant' and he got it in record time. He then signed off the closure of the A&E. Steve tried to find out how long a normal grant took to come through but they fobbed him off saying they did not keep that sort of information. It was  SAB selling our A&E in order to get his grubby mitts on £5000.  The man who lied about why he was sacked and lied about the reason he could not attend his appeal over his sacking says he did not lie about selling out our A&E.

Inspector Knacker

I can't recall any community centre being used to house what appears to be a private business , namely a cafe before.
How did this happen ?
Did they apply to use the facility?
Were they approached or invited to use it and by whom?
Or did they just walk in and commandeer the place?

How much do they pay for the use of the facility?
Who approved the use of the facility for the 'project'?

What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

angryjim

I put a FOI request into HSBC to find out how much HSBC is funding the Rifty Youth Project after I found out that the accounts of several other charities were obscenely late being submitted to the Charities Comission, I haven't heard anything back since. Me thinks some bottoms will be whimpering if it comes out to light that the "charity" may have gone over its 5k lack of reporting threshold many times over!

fred c

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on August 13, 2018, 04: PM
I can't recall any community centre being used to house what appears to be a private business , namely a cafe before.
How did this happen ?

We are more likely to discover life on Mars than we are to get answers to your questions about the Masefield Centre / Rifty Project.......There were problems in relation to Manor Residents financial probity, how long did it take before the powers that be actually took action against Wilcox

jawsbbc

Quote from: angryjim on August 13, 2018, 05: PM
I put a FOI request into HSBC to find out how much HSBC is funding the Rifty Youth Project after I found out that the accounts of several other charities were obscenely late being submitted to the Charities Comission, I haven't heard anything back since. Me thinks some bottoms will be whimpering if it comes out to light that the "charity" may have gone over its 5k lack of reporting threshold many times over! (I found out that the accounts of several other charities were obscenely late being submitted to the Charities Comission,) yes i too have noticed that the belle  vue community centre is very late also http://beta.charitycommission.gov.uk/charity-details/?regid=1099395&subid=0
http://apps.charitycommission.gov.uk/Accounts/Ends72/0000519172_AC_20170331_E_C.PDF why is ofca still down at jutland road IT HAS NOT BEEN OPEN FOR 8 MONTHS 

Owen Jones

Come on Mr Acker-Bilk we all know that you read this forum so just answer the questions

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on August 13, 2018, 06: PM
How did this happen ?

We are more likely to discover life on Mars than we are to get answers to your questions about the Masefield Centre / Rifty Project.......There were problems in relation to Manor Residents financial probity, how long did it take before the powers that be actually took action against Wilcox
We have to keep picking away and asking questions regardless of them answering or not. Ask a question and other people start questioning as well.
If we pick away at the wall long enough the daylight might start to shine through.

kevplumb

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on August 13, 2018, 07: PM
Quote from: fred c on August 13, 2018, 06: PM
How did this happen ?

We have to keep picking away and asking questions regardless of them answering or not. Ask a question and other people start questioning as well.
If we pick away at the wall long enough the daylight might start to shine through.
very true we all had a go at trying to get info on the caff in the crem
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

jeffh

Maybe the way things are going with the SCABs relationship with the Labour Party and their probable fall from grace, maybe information may be more forthcoming about this and possibly Health Watch.

Inspector Knacker

It wouldn't surprise me, but expect the normal service to be resumed when the revolution is over.
I'd like to think otherwise,  but the cynic in me won't let me.

DRiddle

There's a video somewhere of me calling him out on it in full council. I said something like he "signed the death warrant on the hospital". I remember a comedy pause as he processed what I'd said and when the penny dropped he lost his head and shouted for me to sit down.  ;D

I remember RMW leaping to his defence and shouting "Why did you say it then?" After I'd claimed I was being metaphorical or something.

Good times. In the fullness of time he'll be remembered as the man who swapped the hospital for a clapped out Johnny bus and the bloke who helped lose his husband control of the council in exchange for a Nissan.

Keep an eye out if you ever see him walking to market with a prize winning cow.

mk1

Quote from: DRiddle on August 14, 2018, 08: PM
There's a video somewhere of me calling him out on it in full council. I said something like he "signed the death warrant on the hospital". I remember a comedy pause as he processed what I'd said and when the penny dropped he lost his head and shouted for me to sit down. 

That is the video where SAB bangs his gavel like a jack-hammer, jumps up and down like a demernted jack-in-the box whilst sweating like a pig. He is covered in perspiration and every  time he struggled to his feet all around him got a sprinkling of  his body-fliuds.

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment