York Road closure

Started by suvin, January 10, 2013, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suvin

York Road is closing for 8 weeks starting 28th January. Road between Park Road and Burn Valley roundabout is being resurfaced. Only seems like 5 minutes since it was done.

Inspector Knacker

While they're at it, can they build a layby for the congestion causing number 6 bus stop at the junction of York Road and Elwick Road.......... and wonder why someone put it there in the first pace:
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

no6bus

the section being replaced is between joannas and the burn valley and as part of this the bus stops at the bottom of york road are to be remodeled with half lay by's at the 6 and 7 bus stops and the daft little stick out bit near cartridge world being taken away. what it will mean is traffic chaos as all traffic will be sent down stockton road between strathmore house and tescos roundabout and all traffic going to the shopping centre causing another bit of chaos on park road.
enjoy  :o 

steveL

oh dear....sounds like fun  ::)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Great Dictator

It was last done 4 years ago.

mk1

Quote from: testicles on January 10, 2013, 11: PM

If their is a problem then I dare say the large number of buses idling in that area is the problem. Remember the number of times the section of  Victoria road (Binns  to York road) was resurfaced because of the huge depresions left by bus wheels?

fred c

The junction between Elwick Rd & Catcote Rd is being closed for 6 weeks from Monday, i think Tangent are doing the job, i wonder if they are doing York Rd???

I noticed that they haven`t finished clearing up at the recently re-jigged Burn Valley roundabout yet, a big mound of muck & rubble is still there.

norfolkngoode

Quote from: fred c on January 11, 2013, 08: AM

I noticed that they haven`t finished clearing up at the recently re-jigged Burn Valley roundabout yet, a big mound of muck & rubble is still there.

The new tarmac road surface around the roundabout is already in a bit of a state as someone (I presume a utility company) has dug an enormous hole in it.
'They don't like it up em'

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Same problem in Station Lane Seaton, lovely new stretch of  tarmac dug up numerous times in the short while it has been down and very poorly 'repaired'.

The council don't carte about looking after anything ...apart from our money.

They definitely cannot be described as guardians of our town.

I don't believe it.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I of course meant that they look after it by taking it off us to stop us wasting it on life's essentials.
I don't believe it.

no6bus

Not the bottom part the only work to that was to put the parking bays in.

no6bus

Quote from: mk1 on January 10, 2013, 11: PM

If their is a problem then I dare say the large number of buses idling in that area is the problem. Remember the number of times the section of  Victoria road (Binns  to York road) was resurfaced because of the huge depresions left by bus wheels?
The buses only stop and pick up / drop off there they don't wait their time like at the ramp.
And if a bus wheel leaves a depression doesn't that simply show that the initial job was substandard ?

for fawkes sake

This sounds like chaos in the making. I'm surprised that they've found the money in the present climate.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

SRMoore

Quote from: for fawkes sake on January 12, 2013, 12: PM
This sounds like chaos in the making. I'm surprised that they've found the money in the present climate.
Don't be surprised to see more work started across the town as budget time approaches and departments try desperately to spend their allocated money this year for fear of it being reduced next year if it's seen they didn't spend it all.

Officers and departments have done a lot to reduce this over the past few years but I, they and we all know there is still a very large degree of this going on. 

Vincent

All of these road repairs are planned years in advance and published by HBC?