£550,000 to be spent on Rossmere Park

Started by Blondell, September 27, 2019, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blondell

Seems like a lot of money to spend on such a small park.

mk1

No expense will be spared in order to establish the 'local' connections of The Brexit Party.

diSme

Quote from: Blondell on September 27, 2019, 08: PM

It is a huge amount of money, especially for something that's not really going to provide any financial returns.

It'd be nice to be able to get a breakdown of the expenditure....
I believe everything and nothing

seaton

Quote from: diSme on September 27, 2019, 10: PM
Quote from: Blondell on September 27, 2019, 08: PM

It is a huge amount of money, especially for something that's not really going to provide any financial returns.

It'd be nice to be able to get a breakdown of the expenditure....

The same could be said about Church Street, Jackson's Landing, Stockton Street, Vision Retail Park and Shades none which currently are providing any financial returns.

fred c

Quote from: mk1 on September 27, 2019, 08: PM
No expense will be spared in order to establish the 'local' connections of The Brexit Party.

Ot it could just be to improve the park for local residents......A bit like Seaton Park or is that to establish local connections to councillors.

The Great Dictator

Yet the council refuse to donate even £1 towards the replacement Boer War Statue in Ward Jackson Park....

mk1

Quote from: The Great Dictator on September 28, 2019, 11: AM

Yet the council refuse to donate even £1 towards the replacement Boer War Statue in Ward Jackson Park....

Wrong War. If it was to commemorate a victory over the Germans  they would be desperate to be involved.

ReturntoZenda

Quote from: mk1 on September 27, 2019, 08: PM

You don't half type some horsesh#t.

mk1

Quote from: fred c on September 28, 2019, 08: AM

Ot it could just be to improve the park for local residents......A bit like Seaton Park or is that to establish local connections to councillors.
It could be indeed. It might be both but it would  be a bit naive to  believe a political party does act first and foremost in its own best interest.  If it helps Joe Public that is a bonus rather than the real objective
They have already shown they have no qualms about deceiving the locals by  falsely representing themselves as Independents. when they were no such thing and it was a deliberate deception in order to get elected. 
I always said all politicians are corrupt and once elected they will all start acting in their own best interests. I still believe that. Any local politician who, after election on an independent ticket,  joins National Political Party has already abandoned all pretence to be a 'local' politician and is a proven fraud.
Whataboutism won't get me here because I never offered any support for any Seaton park politicians. If you want I will hunt out a very old post where I said all councillors should have term limits and someone asked if that applied to D Riddle. I did not start claiming he was 'different' because I happen to agree with (some) of his policy issues. I would never abandon all my previous beliefs just because I happen to agree  with a local  group on a single National Policy issue.

mk1

Hee is a post I made right at the start of the New Regime and it all has turned out exactly as I predicted.

Quote from: mk1 on May 17, 2019, 02: PM
If Shane gives CAB a Chair then it is a monumental error and fatal to any hopes they have of establishing the brand locally -Farage's  soon to be announced UKIP  Mk II. It might play well nationally though so that is why it is being negotiated.
We should get realistic and recognise all the factors in play. Tennant is just another Doc pothole. Here to establish a name as a stepping stone to greater thing as  he has no  genuine interest in Hartlepool. Indeed he might be 'moving on' in a matter of weeks. He was all over his best mate Farage when he was visiting The Marina and they are so close Tennant would be an applicant if Farage's advertises for a new mistress. I guess it looks good if the new Party can boast it will work together for what is best and can ignore petty political rivalry in the name of the public good. Hartlepool is being used as a sounding-board by Farage loyalists and anyone who believed that changing your name to 'Independent' suddenly erases your political history and makes you an  actual independent is naive.  Tapping into disaffected Labour Leavers and getting a 'hard Brexit' is the ultimate driver here and its just business as usual for the professional political schemers who run every Party-people you deride as 'the Elite' if they are opposition political schemers..

It was very obvious what was going on and I do not know anyone who can truthfully say they did not see it coming. The Nelsonian 'Blind Eye' was used by those who believe  the end justifies the means.

Blondell

Wow , all I said was it was a bit expensive.

fred c

So Nigel Farage is responsible for persuading HBC to commit £500k to refurbish a local park....Very good of him i'm sure.

mk1

Quote from: fred c on September 29, 2019, 03: PM
So Nigel Farage is responsible for persuading HBC to commit £500k to refurbish a local park....Very good of him i'm sure.

I am saying the same as I  have always said. Be it Labour/Tory/Ukip/Ukip Mk II] they are all equally corrupt and do nothing without there beiong something in it for 'the party'.
See this from  Jan. 2014:

Quote from: mk1 on November 21, 2014, 10: PM
The pond in Rossmere is the pit left from the clay extracted by the old brickworks that used to be sited  there. It was up to 18ft deep and had to be partially filled to make it safe
Seems  like the people of Seaton will suffer greatly so the Labour group can bribe Rossmere residents with  a few flower beds.
Bung or landfill tax?
Matters not a jot as long as the money can be used to bolster a Labour  candidates standing

I am not prepared to start making exceptions  just because one local party is now pushing a single issue nationally that overrides all other considerations. I am not   a 'pixie' that automatically posts some form of defence when my current  political  beau is criticised.

Lord Elpus

There was talk of spending a substantial sum of money on Rossmere park years ago, (landfill tax money) I suspect this was blocked by the cabal because the credit would have been claimed by non cabal councillors.

Unless any money spent is backed up with a realistic maintainance plan it'll be money wasted

fred c

Absolutely spot on LE, Rossy Park needs to be a feature of the area if it's left to wrack and ruin it has an effect on the whole area, but it needs a regular maintenance program and unfortunately there are far to many areas that need the same.