Dopey Hill.........

Started by mk1, January 20, 2018, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Our esteemed MP is spouting  rubbish again. His latest gem:

Mr (Hill I presume) said Hartlepool's needs include more train journeys to and from Newcastle and faster, modern carriages; a direct bus link between Hartlepool and North Tees hospitals, improved frequency of Grand Central trains to London; and greater use of the Transport Interchange by more bus companies.

Can anyone make a case how more busses using this White Elephant will improve things?
Perhaps simply getting more busses after 6 o'clock would be a better goal?

fred c

"More use of the Transport Interchange"........ Is the bloke for real ?

If he can't grasp the simple fact that T-I is the biggest and most expensive White Elelephant in HBC's history, he needs to have a serious word with himself  ::)

jeffh

Quote from: fred c on January 20, 2018, 10: AM
"More use of the Transport Interchange"........ Is the bloke for real ?

If he can't grasp the simple fact that T-I is the biggest and most expensive White Elelephant in HBC's history, he needs to have a serious word with himself  ::)

I wonder how much Stagecoach were involved in the Transport Interchange planning - I suspect not at all, hence the under use.  Just goes to show how far a non-listening council gets you

mk1

Quote from: jeffh on January 20, 2018, 10: AM

I wonder how much Stagecoach were involved in the Transport Interchange planning - I suspect not at all, hence the under use.  Just goes to show how far a non-listening council gets you
Among many 'clangers' is the fact no bus can turn right when coming to the interchange from The Wesley. All busses have to go down to the roundabout and turn there and come back up to enter. That ignores the fact its in completely the wrong place to begin with. Our clever councillors thought that as there used to be a bus station there they could just build another in the same place. Remember this was when 'clever' people were running the Council. Dumbo may have been the main mover but Pam was all for it and made sure she got a full page spread in The Mail  when it was opened.

Inspector Knacker

The interchange was, I assume, designed by people who never use buses and live out of town.
Tumbleweed Junction is a bus station where nobody is going to, therefore it's in the wrong place. I'd imagine Stagecoach saw no point in diverting into the interchange as it's dead mileage to pick up nobody.
It should have been built adjacent to the shopping centre. End of.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.