£1.4 Milion "Statement of Intent"

Started by fred c, January 17, 2018, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/new-1-4m-park-and-water-sports-hub-planned-for-hartlepool-marina-site-1-8960898

I thought the Clowncil had already spent £1.5 millon on Jacksons Landing as a Statement of Intent...... they are proposing to spend another £1.4 million on a Sculpture Trail and a Park......... with £50k going on a 'Water and Activities Ub'
  ::)

With council tax likely to rise by 4.9% at least, can anyone explain the logic of spending £1.4 million pounds of council tax money on a Statement of Intent........ I thought spending several hundreds of thousand of pounds on a multitude of consultations was expensive, but they now look to be bargains.  :-\

Inspector Knacker

They won't get much of a sculpture trail or park for £1.5 m anyway. Sculptures of what? What sort of 'Park'? I suspect it that if it ever appears it may well be underwhelming.
There seems to be a rash of regular announcements trumpeting yet another 'brilliant achievement by our dynamic council', is there an election due?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on January 17, 2018, 10: AM
They won't get much of a sculpture trail or park for £1.5 m anyway. Sculptures of what? What sort of 'Park'? I suspect it that if it ever appears it may well be underwhelming.
There seems to be a rash of regular announcements trumpeting yet another 'brilliant achievement by our dynamic council', is there an election due?

Maybe the site of a gilded statue of our glorious leader?  ;)

Inspector Knacker

Sry not just give the Glorious Leader a several coats of gold lacquer and  kill two birds with one stone?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on January 17, 2018, 12: PM
Sry not just give the Glorious Leader a several coats of gold lacquer and  kill two birds with one stone?

Like in a James Bond film? (Strokes fluffy cat ... 'Ah, Meester Bond'...)

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Remember certain things can't be polished, no matter how much gold you throw at them.
I don't believe it.

ReturntoZenda

I was puzzled by the bit in the Mail that said that the council demolished Jackson's Landing. I thought they flogged it on eBay and the buyer came and dismantled it??

jeffh

Quote from: ReturntoZenda on January 17, 2018, 05: PM
I was puzzled by the bit in the Mail that said that the council demolished Jackson's Landing. I thought they flogged it on eBay and the buyer came and dismantled it??
The council paid a company £45,000 to dismantle it, then the company who dismantled it flogged it on ebay - nice work if you can get it

kevplumb

Quote from: jeffh on January 17, 2018, 05: PM
The council paid a company £45,000 to dismantle it, then the company who dismantled it flogged it on ebay - nice work if you can get it
and wanted  more than the contract price per side
after changing contractors at the last minute if somebody didn't get a bung out of that   
i'm a bl**dy duchman   >:(
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

jeffh

Quote from: kevplumb on January 17, 2018, 06: PM
Quote from: jeffh on January 17, 2018, 05: PM
and wanted  more than the contract price per side
after changing contractors at the last minute if somebody didn't get a bung out of that   
i'm a bl**dy duchman   >:(
Welkom in Hartlepool

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on January 17, 2018, 12: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on January 17, 2018, 12: PM

Like in a James Bond film? (Strokes fluffy cat ... 'Ah, Meester Bond'...)
James Bond films?  Like Dr No (idea)
or  (Blunder)ball or  A view to a (Bill)  or Licence to Bill or Tomorrow never (comes) or Never Say (Vision) Again or Moneyraker or (Visions) are Forever?

Johnny Bongo

What about 'The man(?) with the Golden Bung.