Hartlepool in top 10 areas for house repossessions

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, January 03, 2018, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

One thing we are top of the pile with is............. The CEO and The Leader's appearances in the Mail over the festive period, bulls***ting about 1 Vision after another, from hotels on the marina, motor launches from Southampton, a watersports centre and the £8million 'they' are spending on Church Street and Seaton are embarrassing, they look like a couple of grinning cheshire cats  ::)

The Mail are kissing their a***s big time.....judging by the column inches the paper is giving them, you have to assume that if they lose the council cash it will be the end of the Mail as a daily publication.  ???

Inspector Knacker

I saw a copy of Tuesdays Mail at work and was confused to see the same picture of Gill and Christ opher several times. I assumed they were announcing their engagement.
Then I read the bumph and one rather cringingly smug, was taking credit for the little things as well as the bigger ones, in this case, the free swims. No 'achievement' is too small to escape the suffocating embrace of this political colossus, even the most microscopic will have every drop of publicity squeezed out of it till it dies of embaressment.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on January 03, 2018, 08: PM
I saw a copy of Tuesdays Mail at work and was confused to see the same picture of Gill and Christ opher several times. I assumed they were announcing their engagement.
Then I read the bumph and one rather cringingly smug, was taking credit for the little things as well as the bigger ones, in this case, the free swims. No 'achievement' is too small to escape the suffocating embrace of this political colossus, even the most microscopic will have every drop of publicity squeezed out of it till it dies of embaressment.

You mean the "Free Swims" that were supposed to be paid for out of the Domes Covenant money........ You know, the Domes Money the council never received  :(

Inspector Knacker

The question is, are they 'free swims'. Admittedly the kids don't pay, but Mill Hoise pool is a 24/7 operation, unlike some sports hall, you don't turn a swimming pool off at the close of business, it runs continuously.
Therefore letting the kids use it for free during the holidays is a marginal cost to the council, but a handy PR opportunity to brag about. You let the kids in and milk it at every opportunity.
A bit like inviting someone into your house out of the cold, the fires on anyway so there's no extra cost to you, but you tell everyone you bump into how generous you are.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

So why build thousands more houses when people can't afford the current ones ?

There is no sustainable plan for Hartlepool, we are doomed, DOOMED I tell you.
I don't believe it.

Hartlepudlion

Wasn't it mentioned on here recently that the Council are very keen on repossessions for non-payment of Council Tax?

Hartlepudlion

Good point Fred c about the domes money. Who gives land away before receiving payment? HBC of course!

And we lost the annual payments!