£21 million in cuts

Started by jeffh, December 30, 2017, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffh

Read the Mail article by our Dire Leader criticising cuts from Central Government.

As he is including both historical cuts and cuts up to 2020 it begs the question as to why they -

Awarded themselves a 31% pay rise costing an extra £74,000 per year - so that's an extra £296,000 up to 2020
Spent nearly £100,000 on carpets on an unqualified whim
Waste about £500,000 on the Cafe in the Crem
Purchased Jacksons Landing only to pay to have it knocked down with a total cost of £1.6m

I'm sure this list can be expanded, but by my reckoning we are looking at £2.4 which is more that 10% of the cuts he's laying at Central Governments door

By the way, have we paid back the interest free Jacksons Landing loaning - or are we now paying interest?  Looks like they'll be digging into the Reserves again under the category Raymondo's White Elephant.

There was also an interesting snippet in that the £600,000 put aside for the Longsar Hall development (yes £600,000) - I thought that the Seaton plan was to flatten it and build a paved Market Stall area - is now going to the Town Development fund - I'm sure they will put it to good use.

fred c

Quote from: jeffh on December 30, 2017, 01: PM
Read the Mail article by our Dire Leader criticising cuts from Central Government.

As he is including both historical cuts and cuts up to 2020 it begs the question as to why they -

Awarded themselves a 31% pay rise costing an extra £74,000 per year - so that's an extra £296,000 up to 2020
Purchased Jacksons Landing only to pay to have it knocked down with a total cost of £1.6m

I'm sure this list can be expanded, but by my reckoning we are looking at £2.4 which is more that 10% of the cuts he's laying at Central Governments door

By the way, have we paid back the interest free Jacksons Landing loaning - or are we now paying interest?  Looks like they'll be digging into the Reserves again under the category Raymondo's White Elephant.

There was also an interesting snippet in that the £600,000 put aside for the Longsar Hall development (yes £600,000) - I thought that the Seaton plan was to flatten it and build a paved Market Stall area - is now going to the Town Development fund - I'm sure they will put it to good use.

£1.5 million cost of binning the Town Plan..... plus, the cost of drafting a New Town Plan.

£4 million costs of a Transport Interchange. (Unused Transport Interchange)

jeffh

Quote from: fred c on December 30, 2017, 01: PM

£1.5 million cost of binning the Town Plan..... plus, the cost of drafting a New Town Plan.

So that takes it up to £9m - any more?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Any more ... how about £358,000 written-off business rates for one person's 'empire'? By the way, following whispers of closed doors, can anyone shed any light on what's happening at the Staincliffe at the moment?

fred c

£20,000 Loss on the Summerhill Cafe.

£6,000 on a Coffee Stain on 'An Office Desk'.

jeffh

Quote from: fred c on December 30, 2017, 02: PM

Up to £9.4m nearly up to 50% - but by the CAB's calculations they have cost each Hartlepool household £200 each

fred c

Quote from: jeffh on December 30, 2017, 02: PM
Quote from: fred c on December 30, 2017, 02: PM

Up to £9.4m nearly up to 50% - but by the CAB's calculations they have cost each Hartlepool household £200 each

Various 106 Monies

Wynyard..... £800,000

King Oswy...£27,000

Inspector Knacker

We mustn't forget the 'cuts' are the crutch they actually depend on and whenever there's a problem the mantra of 'blame the cuts' is wheeled out and trumpeted loud and long.
If a Labour government was to be in power and imposing cuts, would they be as vociferous?
How long have we been living under government cuts ? Seven years? and what vanity projects have still been embarked upon regardless?
Quick to cut bus subsidies, mostly used by Labour voters, yet equally quick to embark on unjustifiable projects whose financing could have been used better.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Hartlepudlion

Manor Residents, WCNE, Wilcox. at least £1 million

The Bakery. over £300,000

The Leaders taxi, AKA the Ceremonial Mayor's Car????

Northern Lights - who knows how much?

Awhile now the Phoenix Centre. They still won't publish the report.

jeffh

Now in excess of £11.5m - almost £250 per Hartlepool household - no wonder we are p****d off - and they've got it all stitched such that you can't hold them to account.

We have only looked at the financial side - how about the people

Councillor living in London
ex Mayor still not held to account over his lies and allegations directed towards Newcastle Council
Present Mayor in denial over being a Manor Residents Association trustee
ex Councillor spending time in prison
Councillor described by a Judge as being unfit to run a Company
Conservative councillors constantly supporting the Labour Group
Council Leader constantly applying the 3 line whip to get his own way
Councillor de-selected to make way for a preferred candidate

Again I am sure the list can be added to

Inspector Knacker

They're the Bash Street Kids of local politics, except the Bash Street Kids are likeable.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Wonder how much extra  it cost to get the 'Vision' artwork updated to include the 'World Class'/'Jewel In The Crown' Concert Venue?

fred c

It's amazing what you can get on the back of a fag packet.  ::)

mk1

Council buys a white elephant.
Can not find a buyer or any use for purchase.
Desperately searched for a 'use' for building to validate decision to purchase. 
In the end all they can manage is a show by a couple of groups just before they tear it down..........hmmm............a light bulb flickers in the Dear Leaders head........... and suddenly a 'Concert Venue' becomes an integral part of the Vision!

We really are  led by a group of clowns who obviously know nothing of Dock Rock. .

fred c

I really wonder how much longer this council can get away with the total and utter b****x they keep coming out with, the comments on the Mails FB page on this article show people really are starting to get seriously p****d off with CAB and his clowncil.

The insults aimed at him on a personal level are indicative of the anger generated by his constantly blaming the government for the desperate straights the town finds itself in, there are positives to be had however, the growing number of discontents on social media will only grow.