£500 Million

Started by fred c, October 31, 2017, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-41735131

They have been telling the truth, The Ferris Wheel is still in the illustration ( How Hartlepools waterfront and Marina are expected to look in 2025).........Mr Cranney said: "This is definitely going to happen".

steveL

The PR guys are really working overtime on this which I'm sure is nothing to do with the upcoming appointments panel replacement for Alistair Rae. This is all going to blow up in their faces eventually when the public learn to ignore the artist's impressions and focus on what is actually being delivered. The mere fact that we have a quite different artist's impression from the one we were all shown just a few years ago, which also cost tens of thousands, shows that this is all still firmly embedded in a world of fantasy - aspirations are not the same as definite plans.

Over £120,000 was spent on producing the latest 'what it could look like impression for the Jacksons Landing site but not one of the buildings shown represents a firm plan by anyone to build it. There is no money on the table from anywhere or anyone.

I think we can take it as read that the Navy Museum will build their assault course - a sensible addition to what they are currently offering and organising the water sports activities in a more coordinated and central location on the marina also makes sense; it's very piecemeal at present.

If they can find some money from somewhere then we may even see an extension to the present museum . . . but then we draw a blank.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

From a local joke to a national one.
Only takes one journalist to google KC to see failure after failure.

Can't they build a medical attraction where ill people go to experience getting better ?
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

So Rear Admiral Cranney is in talks to bring a ship up next year? Name the ship, I may be able to let you know if it's feasible.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

The Labour canvasers seem to like red baseball caps. I got a sneak preview of the upcoming local  version of the Trump MAGA  (Make America Great Again) cap. This one is  'Make 'Artlepool Great Again'!

DRiddle

Without wanting to appear self indulgent, the recent few days of guff in The Mail warrant a re-read of something i posted on here 2 years ago. Everytime I hear a Labour Councillor or a senior officer say "This will definitely happen" i think back to all the times i've heard the words "This will definitely happen" before. Only for nothing to actually happen.

See the thread below for what i'm talking about.

https://hptimbral.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/index.php/topic,2970.msg30877.html#msg30877

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on October 31, 2017, 05: PM
This is the much-hyped saviour of 'Artlepool.

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-latest-activity/news/2016/january/06/160106-ww2-motor-launch-new-lease-of-life
A vessel worthy of preservation, but hardly going to be a draw to joe public . It's a launch, not a ship, but then a ship couldn't fit through the lock gates.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.