You have to laugh...

Started by DRiddle, October 07, 2017, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

Someone just brought to my attention a post by Cllr Dave Hunter on facebook where he asks a load of '£3 Corbynites/ex-Greens/don't vote advocates/former young Conservatives' what they think about the £50 a year tax/license on the Hartlepool seacoalers.

Dave thinks it's a disgrace and that they're doing the town a favour by getting the coal and if anything we should be paying them. He can't get his head around why they have to pay the £50 and he thinks it should scrapped. He seems utterly bemused that anyone in Hartlepool Council would be so stupid to try to make life hard for seacoalers.

Who wants to tell him?

Shall i do it or shall we let him find out for himself?

mk1

Quote from: DRiddle on October 07, 2017, 07: PM
Someone just brought to my attention a post by Cllr Dave Hunter on facebook

Screen grab please before it vanishes. Pop straight over to the page and right-click 'save as' and then get it as 'Web page complete' Make sure you give it a distinct  name that you can find when you try and see where you saved it!

kevplumb

I could be wrong (not unknown)
but I was always led to believe the beach was the property of the crown estate  ;)
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

steveL

Wasn't it Chairman Mao who said "Ignorance is Bliss"?

Somebody dig the Mail articles out for him
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

marky

Well if it comes to another vote on this, we can all be reassured that having made his views perfectly clear, Dave Hunter will abstain.  ;D ;D

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!

fred c

While Councillor Hunter is at it........ can he forward a motion to increase the height of "Flagpoles at The Domes"

steveL

He wants to get himself around Burn Valley Gardens and try and explain why he has allowed it to deteriorate so much.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

I saw a really funny remark on The Mail (?)letters page once on a sea coal story. Punch-line was the beach was covered with men collecting it when someone shouted 'Nat Man' and within seconds all that remained were several pairs of empty wellies!

kevplumb

Quote from: mk1 on October 07, 2017, 09: PM
I saw a really funny remark on The Mail (?)letters page once on a sea coal story. Punch-line was the beach was covered with men collecting it when someone shouted 'Nat Man' and within seconds all that remained were several pairs of empty wellies!
NASH MAN
they used to sit on the top with cameras   ;D ;D ;D
ahh the good old days  ;)
when you where layed off you could always shovel  ;)

Inspector Knacker

Saw a winter visit by the the police and 'Nash' back in the early 80's on the North Sands. We were surprised because the tide was up, it was a lousy winters day and the sea was rough, but what caught our eyes was the green boxes floating in the water. We returned a couple of hours later to find they were three wagons abandoned and the boxes were the tops of the cabs.
Old army trucks, so knowing their luck they probably fired up and drove off, or probably not.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

not4me

What a loser. He has no idea what sort of group he has signed up to.

kevplumb

Quote from: not4me on October 08, 2017, 11: AM
What a loser. He has no idea what sort of group he has signed up to.
you ever get the impression he is only there to make the SCABS and cranney look intelligent

:) :)

DRiddle

i actually genuinely believe him to be one of the good guys. It's just taking him a while to realise he's not in Bishop Aukland anymore. In fact, the way things are going, he's needs to realise he's not in Kansas anymore.