You Lucky People

Started by steveL, August 30, 2017, 01: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Labour's Latest Propaganda Sheet doing the rounds

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

jeffh

Not forgetting -

Councillor Allowances increased by 31%
Car Parking Charges introduced at Seaton Carew
Waste Disposal Charges introduced at Burn Valley Waste Disposal Centre
Massive financial loss on Summerhill Cafe
Public Library opening hours reduced
One Labour Councillor sent to prison
Failing Town Plans
Bus Services reduced
Erosion of Democatic Processes by reducing Public Scrutiny
Reduction in Elderly Support

....I'm sure the list can be added to

Inspector Knacker

Just a load of random statistics, nothingness delivered in bold red type hoping it'll look impressive. Irrelevant unless you happen to be a very dim person impressed by bold red type and lots of numbers.
What about '98.4% of business rates collected'. Surely that's what we'd expect them to do. What about those that weren't collected?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

Reduction in Youth Unemployment ?.....'I hate to say it but the Conservatives have been in power and I think they claim credit for the reduction'   ::)

But when has facts got in the way of the CABCabal....Only in Hartlepool and only under the LabMob.

john mathieson

What about the money owed from the domes and Mr Morton's business rates.

fred c

It can never be said the LabMob let the truth get in the way of there propaganda.  ::) ::)

Inspector Knacker

What next, one of those hot air balloons covered in plugs for their own 'brilliance' ? To be fair, with all the hot air they produce it could be kept aloft for years.

Johnny Bongo

So what about redressing the Labour lies!  How about the Hartlepool Post publishing a 'Failures of  the Labour Council in Hartlepool', ....just in time for the 2018 elections.  I'll gladly donate £100 towards any printing and will post the leaflets through as many doors as need be, in order to be rid of these lying, corrupt scum!  It's only 8 months till the elections...(no doubt there'll be more scandals, which will be covered up, if possible, by HBC!) so there's potentially more 'ammunition' for the HP to use! 

Inspector Knacker

The poster/ leaflet is a pointless exercise on their part. It's just a load of numbers shouting at you. Incoherent, loud and irritating in a vivid colour's that guarantees a quick trip into the bin. Even anyone so desperate to read it will soon discover it's just a collection of nothing, a desperate harvest of irrelevant 'achievements' .
A gormless show of chest beating, nothing new there then.

jeffh

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on August 30, 2017, 10: PM
So what about redressing the Labour lies!  How about the Hartlepool Post publishing a 'Failures of  the Labour Council in Hartlepool', ....just in time for the 2018 elections.  I'll gladly donate £100 towards any printing and will post the leaflets through as many doors as need be, in order to be rid of these lying, corrupt scum!  It's only 8 months till the elections...(no doubt there'll be more scandals, which will be covered up, if possible, by HBC!) so there's potentially more 'ammunition' for the HP to use!
I'd be prepared to support it

mk1

Quote from: jeffh on August 31, 2017, 07: AM

Waste of time.  No one reads them (except us) and no one believes it anyway. Besides which you should never ever waste time reacting to enemy propaganda.

jeffh

Quote from: mk1 on August 31, 2017, 07: AM
Quote from: jeffh on August 31, 2017, 07: AM

Waste of time.  No one reads them (except us) and no one believes it anyway. Besides which you should never ever waste time reacting to enemy propaganda.
I don't think it's a case of responding to enemy propaganda , it's a case of publicising real events. Maybe people are not aware of the reality simply because they don't know what they don't know - whereas a leaflet might enlighten them.

Your approach is one of, in an election only side is allowed to present their case everything else is just a reaction - surely that's not democratic

Inspector Knacker

Sometimes, rather than respond, it's better to look for new directions of enquiry and keep lifting stones to see what comes out blinking in the light of day.