Your 3 months are nearly up

Started by steveL, May 24, 2016, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Anyone notice how little coverage there is to the forthcoming expiry of the temporary injunction stopping the closure of the fertility unit. Election over I guess.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Truthache

The injunction runs until July I believe.  People keep talking of closure of the unit rather than changes to the range of treatments provided.  Without embryologists the unit will be unable to provide licensed treatments such as IVF or ICSI, but other treatments may still be provided.  Don't rule out the possibility that licensed treatments may continue by collaboration with neighbouring fertility centres.
That said the council legal action has changed nothing that the NTH Trust hadn't already stipulated in writing to the council in February.  Public money wasted on legal fees.

Alnwickist

Inspector Knacker

What chance it closes and is resurrected at a future date at say,hmmm North Tees ?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Truthache

Zero chance.  I suspect Riddler 5 knows little about the practicalities of setting up an assisted conception unit.  The facilities at Hartlepool are very good but sadly that isn't sufficient to attract enough referrals, and the range of treatments is too limited For ambitious embryologists to apply.
Possible options:
Shared embryologists with neighbouring centres and keep the unit open.
Keep the unit open without licensed treatments such as IVF and ICSI.
Unit closes and commissioners refer patients to neighbouring centres.
Moving to North Tees would not resolve the current problems facing the unit.

Inspector Knacker

Zero chance ? Really ? Nothing would surprise me with this organisation.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

seaton

On a slightly different note the article in the Mail about recruiting Nurses has been changed and the original comments deleted, one of mine, some one make a phone call or am I being cynical ?