Gridlock

Started by steveL, May 20, 2016, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Gridlock this morning as a result of two bad but separate accidents 1) at the Dalton Piercy A19 cross-over junction and 2) at the Dalton Piercy to Greatham Cross-over junction to Greatham on the A689. The dotted red lines are stationary traffic.

HBC's new local plan calls for the creation of a 4th cross-over junction on the A19 to take traffic from new housing developments
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Land Phil

I wonder how many hospital appointments were missed.

Hopefully nobody was stuck in an ambulance.

Alnwickist

Going to work well don't you think.Town run by fouls and plough horses. Stupid people in Rural West who fell for Henries lies.Enjoy your impending night mare.

not4me

These roads need a proper fly-over junction. All of these junctions are death traps and the last thing anyone wants is another one carrying even more traffic with even more people chancing their lives as they try to cross. Typical HBC - done on the cheap. The villagers need to give their heads a shake if they go along with this.

fred c

This proposed by-pass deals with the traffic going West out of t own...... imagine the massive problems that will undoubtably occur when traffic from 1200 house, each with the probability of 2 or 3 cars attempts to travel East into town.

Pisspotical thinking by the LabTor Mobs planning committee..... but we have come to expect nothing less.

steveL

Hasn't got as far as the Planning Committee yet, Fred. This is just a spun leak from the forthcoming brand new Local Plan on which we're all going to be consulted (sic)....the spin being 'New By-Pass for Villages'. That said, it does give us a taste of things to come, I think.

£18m isn't enough to pay for a new road and a fly-over which means that we're looking at yet another junction of death as people try to join the A19 and there are going to be lots of them if this new housing development goes ahead. More problematic, as you say, is the route into town and the Park Road/Wooler Road Junction - I don't see a solution to that one.

No one should be even thinking of more housing until the road issues are sorted but we all know Wells will be pushing for this for his own reasons.

Funnily enough, a few months ago, I was walking the dog in the fields at High Throston and there was a plane flying up and down overhead. The plane was being flown so erratically that I concluded it was either some idiot 'pilot' trying to impress someone or alternatively, a pilot with a coke bottle stuck up his ar**. Obviously, if it was Wells then it could have been either but I got the distinct impression that the plane was scanning the area for future development.

The people in Elwick and Dalton really need to wake up before their villages are turned into another Hartburn or Norton.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Alnwickist

This also neatly sidesteps Dalton which still has an outstanding application for 40 houses, this has been in the planners hand for over six months now without coming to committee. Wonder why ?.

steveL

tankerville

I use the junction quite a lot 'Elwick A19' and more often cars in excess of over 100 miles hour plus come hurtling A19 South.

One motorist I witnessed pulled out onto the A19 from the Elwick Bank slip road doing around 20 mph how on earth traffic did not plough into them only God knows.

I tend to use the main turn off into Elwick rather than the bank entrance which is often used by large vans and 4 x 4s trying to squeeze past. I've even seen a bus go down there.

Speed needs to be dealt with perhaps with effective policing. Which sadly Cleveland no longer has.