Good luck to those standing for the first time tomorrow.

Started by Pwilson, May 21, 2014, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pwilson

I've got no real affiliation to a party & don't feel any one could represent me.

But I'd like to wish good luck to all those who have never stood as councilor before regardless of party who are standing to make a difference and to use their voice to speak their own views in council meetings.

I don't know what the town needs but I know it doesn't have it so different can never be much worse.

gmeasor

Many thanks for your good wishes.  It's refreshing to see some encouragement and a positive vibe.  I feel that there is a mood of positive change in the air.  I'm standing for the first time in Seaton Carew.  Hopefully the good people of the town will use their votes to effect the change they wish to see.  Graeme Measor.

DRiddle

I agree tomorrow could be interesting. Obviously to make a bold statement like 'Labour will lose' is foolhardy in a town where they've basically dominated for 60 years or so.

However, there DOES seem to be something of a change of zeitgeist currently.

The mood concerning the hospital, our towns MP, our towns 'leaders', the 'scandals', the various social media campaigns...

The WORST thing is we all wake up on Friday morning and things are exactly as they currently are.

The BEST thing... well, who knows.