foggy furze

Started by stokoe, May 02, 2014, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stokoe

Made me shake my head today and wonder what have the foggy furze councillors been doing,what I'm referring to is the new homes being built by gleeson in tan field rd. when consultation was taking place the company gleeson said in there notes that they work very closely with schools, colleges,local businesses.i.e. They would sponsor a school footy team say cuthies have they i don't know?they would go to the local collages and invite students to work with them to try and get a apprenticeship have they? Use local businesses for there materials,well i have seen cement.bricks wood, skips, all come from the tyneside area.And today took the biscuit i have noticed the show homes are very close to opening the turf has been laid and the plants planted,and do you know what folks there is a garden centre opposite a council one did they get the plants there did they f*c* they came from sunderland.Am i voting yes not for that gaggle of s**t.

Jamescampbell78

Speaking of Foggy Furze, did Maaija Sinclair used to be called Maaija Tunnicliffe?

It's an unusual name that's all and I'm wondering it she's one of the people I went to college with.

Inspector Knacker

I got my leaflet from the Labour candidate...Kaylee Sirs....I was reminded of her election  a couple of years back because I'd never heard of her since then..... but she's appeared again......  photographed with two fellow councillors.
I was watching  Albert RN on the telly last night,................
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

stokoe

In a nutshell gleeson said they would help the local community,schools, collages, source locally and employ within the town and it was the three amigos jod to see that was being carried out.

Foggy

This seems as good a place as any for my first post. I've been reading this forum for quite a while but decided it was time to post.

I'm a resident in the Foggy Furze ward and have to confess that I'm not a regular voter.  However, the whole gypsy site fiasco opened my eyes to the way Labour is running our council and I vowed I would vote at the next election to contribute in a small way to stop them ruining our town.

Small problem.... Who on earth do I vote for??

Labour? Not a hope in hell
Conservative? Lol! Copy and paste comments about working with the main political group?....I don't think so
Lib Dem? No offence to the candidate but most of the election leaflet contains information about how Nick Clegg is going to save the country.
UKIP? I do agree with a lot of his points about getting rid of Labour but I just can't bring myself to vote for UKIP as a party.
PHF? I thought that I would probably go for the PHF candidate when I first heard about who was up for election but I wanted to hear what she had to say first. Well it's 2 days to the election and I've not even had a leaflet through the door.

So I'm struggling to know what to do for the best.

The sad fact is Labour will probably get voted in again and the rest probably know that (and at least one of the other candidates will welcome it!)

Too many people are still oblivious to what is really going on and will vote as they have always voted.

So that leaves me asking myself.... Do I bother voting at all?

mk1

True Labour have a stranglehold  but  you have to start somewhere. I think having a non-Labour or Tory ersatz-Labour candidate of any persuasion is the way to go. You need councillors who are not told in advance which latest SCAB/Wells delusion is to be voted through.
Just use your vote to make the LabCon triumvirate feel less secure. Who knows Shane might then be able to do a Brutus on Wells!  Splitting the Tory votes away from the SCABs is a step in the right direction,.

steveL

I would start by having a look at the PHF website at www.puttinghartlepoolfirst.co.uk
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

for fawkes sake

Quote from: kipperdip on May 21, 2014, 02: AM
Small point MK1 - a 'triumvirate' is, by definition, THREE parties.

Three as in Labour, the Conservative Association and the quite different Conservative Group led by Ray Wells.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

Foggy

Quote from: steveL on May 21, 2014, 12: AM
I would start by having a look at the PHF website at www.puttinghartlepoolfirst.co.uk

I had already done that and have been regularly checking to see if anything had been updated.  There is a lot of information about Putting Hartlepool First in general and I am very much in agreement with their principles. 

However, it would have been good to hear a little bit more from individual candidates as they are going to be the people representing us.  I expected to find some information in the election news but that hasn't been updated since 12th April. 

The only PHF candidates I know anything about is yourself and David Riddle due to your presence on this forum and in the comments on the Mail website.  All we know about everyone else from PHF is what was printed in the Mail.