Yuills land bank ....

Started by dowager, May 16, 2014, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dowager

So, what happened to that then, presumably it was worth many, many millions of £££££

The company went down for the want of a buyer, who was 'nearly' secured according to the Night Mail, but it still went down.

Now, call me stupid or naive, but surely the company was worth an awful lot more than the debt it had ... so, naively, I can only think of a dodgy deal, dodgy accounting and dodgy write-offs ...

Or am I really stupid and naive ?

fred c

Quote from: dowager on May 16, 2014, 11: AM
So, what happened to that then, presumably it was worth many, many millions of £££££

The company went down for the want of a buyer, who was 'nearly' secured according to the Night Mail, but it still went down.

Now, call me stupid or naive, but surely the company was worth an awful lot more than the debt it had ... so, naively, I can only think of a dodgy deal, dodgy accounting and dodgy write-offs ...

Or am I really stupid and naive ?

You are if you think the Mail is "The Night Mail".... its in local shops just after 8am some mornings.

Printed in Sheffield & driven north, means it must be printed in the early hours of the morning, so much for local news.

dowager

Ha .. easy option, don't answer the question or add to the debate.

The 'Night Mail' refers to the 50 years previously when it was known as that.

They make Hero membership easy I guess!

fred c

Hey Mate............... I have always tried to be reasonably even handed in my comments on this forum & i tried to be a little light hearted with my reply to you............

But obviously it hasn`t really worked, so let me be rather more blunt........................ Go and take a running F**k to yourself

The Great Dictator

The land bank went years ago..

Lord Elpus

Not sure about 'land banks' but options to buy are still used.

dowager

I thought swearing wasn't allowed ...  ?