New Head Office

Started by marky, February 26, 2014, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marky

doesn't this just sum Hartlepool up? The new home of Housing Hartlepool - in Stockton. ::)

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/building-work-start-major-new-6746883

steveL

It's another one of those Vision things. The difference is that they have the money - £100m of it.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

tankerville

I believe there are three very large empty / unoccupied 'Garlands' properties ready built on the Marina. Would it have not made more sense to utilise these and save considerable amount of money?

Are we now to see the final nail in the coffin of this backwater forgotten town of HARTLEPOOL in losing yet another major company to 'Stockton' Tees Valley.

13 is supposed to be unlucky isn't it ?

fred c

So... We can all see just how Viable "The Dear Leader & The Mob`s" Vision really is.

Give away all of the councils housing stock to a company that "Ditches" the town at the earliest opportunity..........

Some Vision that by "The Deary Me Leader" what a complete clusterfuck this shower of sh**e are, the sooner the people of Hartlepool get their heads out of their ar**s the better off the town will be.

Interested

Am i right in thinking they are merging with other Tees Valley housing providers???

Hartlepudlion

Housing Hartlepool in Hartlepool was dead a year ago but our Councillors have made no comment on the loss of revenue and jobs.

I thought these housing associations were non-profit organisations so how have they amassed so much money to fund such a build. It is amazing how much public (our) money is 'given' to such quangoes.

Yes I read that Vela was amalgamating with Tees Valley. Who approves such take overs?

Inspector Knacker

Come on, get real....this has been going on since the birth of the concept of  the ludicrous 'Tees Valley '  project... it's just the old Cleveland bollox in a new suit, only our gormless representatives ( I used the word in its loosest sense) this time around are happy to be part of the vision...totally lacking the nous or foresight of their predecessors to see the inevitable outcome. ........ and God only knows there have been plenty of indicators over the past few years of what's going on.
Everything will end up in the Middlesbrough/Stockton axis....our position on the very edge guarantees our demise aided no doubt by the fact we are not seen by ourselves or those who live there as Teessiders. Services will be cherry picked away till the suits inform us they are no longer viable and we end up a glorified housing estate on the Teesside Gulag....meanwhile, life will go on for the cast  of Trumpton till the suits from Teesside decide they too are are no longer fit for purpose... and the penny will finally drop.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Hartlepudlion

There was a push a few years ago to get closer to Darlington as they are in a similar position to Hartlepool (not Tees Valley and not Durham) though not as badly placed. There was some overtures made but don't know what the situation is now. Anybody know?

I guess Middlesborough still hankers after city status.