Click and Collect

Started by seaton, April 06, 2020, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaton

On the radio the Police on Sunday were stopping cars on Portract Lane, Stockton-on-Tees who were going to collect DIY stuff they had ordered online from Wickes or B&Q. They were turning them away saying DIY goods are not essential goods, ok they might not be but it keeps people in the house doing DIY.I collected stuff on Saturday from B&Q it was very disciplined no physical contact what so ever there is more physical contact when you go shopping in supermarkets as it's virtually impossible to keep 2 metres apart, common sense has to prevail.
Why don't supermarkets start doing a click and collect system, ok not everyone has access to the internet or familiar with technology. Order your stuff online, arrange a time slot and the trolley will be waiting for you like B&Q and Screwfix do. iIt would do away with all the queues outside the supermarkets which currently are long, if the weather turns I can't see people standing about.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Seems that some of the boys in blue are enforcing their idea of the law - not the actual regulations. Dangerous ...

The Great Dictator

Its all a bit stupid if you ask me, yesterday i saw 5 Dominos delivery drivers huddled together at the back of their shop in York Road chatting and smoking tabs.

I'm surprised the police have time to do this as the incidents of domestic violence have risen by 25%, the reason for the rise ??

I can only imagine the blokes in question are bored shi*less and spend the day drinking instead of building a fence or paint the dining room.

If you are looking for incidents of common sense then don't look to the police or you will be disappointed.

diSme

I'm a bored shitless bloke, and am spending the days drinking instead of building fences and painting the dining room.

I haven't twatted the missus though! (yet!)

;D
I believe everything and nothing

akarjl2

Quote from: The Great Dictator on April 07, 2020, 01: PM
If you are looking for incidents of common sense then don't look to the police or you will be disappointed.

Seems to be a sentiment held by many who apply compertmentalised thinking perhaps based on their "dealings" with the boys in blue.....??

I think we need to give the boys in blue and the fire service credit for the work they are doing......especially dealing with apes who sit around in public areas on the p**s endangering everyone.....

The police/fire service are rarely mentioned at the moment yet daily they face being infected by morons.....

A question if your house gets burgled, your kids go missing or the missus/daughter gets raped who you gonna call - ghost busters?

Thought so......typical of many bad mouth the police till you need them.

Seriously Grow up/Grow some or Shut up :o
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

diSme

Quote from: akarjl2 on April 07, 2020, 04: PM

Seems to be a sentiment held by many who apply compertmentalised thinking perhaps based on their "dealings" with the boys in blue.....??

I think we need to give the boys in blue and the fire service credit for the work they are doing......especially dealing with apes who sit around in public areas on the p**s endangering everyone.....

The police/fire service are rarely mentioned at the moment yet daily they face being infected by morons.....

A question if your house gets burgled, your kids go missing or the missus/daughter gets raped who you gonna call - ghost busters?

Thought so......typical of many bad mouth the police till you need them.

Seriously Grow up/Grow some or Shut up :o
I agree with you, they all deserve fair credit where it's due, along with many others in professions where they continue on in a public facing role.

I think that the police are currently in a situation where they are having to try and interpret the current (ambiguous?) rules, and try to decide what's right and acceptable, and what isn't. Mistakes will undoubtedly be made, and there are reports indicating that they already have been.

Ultimately, they are in the same boat as we are in these unprecedented times, and they have my respect and support.

We should all be doing everything we can to try and make their jobs easier. Stick to the rules, whether you agree with them or not.
I believe everything and nothing

Inspector Knacker

I'm surprised the police have time to do this as the incidents of domestic violence have risen by 25%, the reason for the rise ??

I can only imagine the blokes in question are bored shi*less and spend the day drinking
Oh well it's OK then .
Get real, being bored because you have the imagination of a radiator and the intelligence of a semi house trained cockroach is no 'reason' or god forbid, 'excuse', for domestic violence, they're just dumb bullies.
Police can't stop domestic violence, just react to it, unless you want to station a policeman in every house.
You expect and demand the perpetrator to behave in a responsible manner, but responsibility requires a degree of maturity, it appears some people are destined to never get past their teenage years when it comes to stepping up to the mark as an adult.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

The police seem to be in a difficult position. The new laws do not really match government instructions, so each force is trying to interpret & marry the two in their own way. Mistakes have been made - that has been admitted. To be fair, we also don't always know what's hearsay & what's true. As a law abiding citizen, I believe that we need to act in the spirit of the new laws rather than nit pick/look for loopholes. The simple thing is that the less people we're exposed to, the less chance there is of catching/transmitting the lurgy - nothing more, nothing less.

akarjl2

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on April 08, 2020, 11: AM
The simple thing is that the less people we're exposed to, the less chance there is of catching/transmitting the lurgy - nothing more, nothing less.

Bingo - unfortunately the mentally challenged can't grasp that and won't until someone close to them dies.

I have a simple solution which will never be implemented ,give the police massive water pistols loaded with pink dye. anyone congregating gets sprayed then the rest of us know they are probably carrying the lurgy.
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Inspector Knacker

Agreed. Hate when people start banging their gums about their freedom being abused. What 'freedom' is that exactly....? The freedom to do just what they want as per usual and two fingers to everyone else. The hard won (not won by the whingers) freedom to be a part of society when it suits them.
Blame the police, the government, blame everyone, the windbags know best.
Freedom, they don't know the meaning of the word.... but they bring it out, dust it down and use it like a ventriloquist's dummy to serve their own squalid ends.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Too many feel entitled .... maybe their tiny little 'me me me' focussed minds really believe that its their 'yooman rites' ....