Pools & covid-19

Started by diSme, April 04, 2020, 11: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diSme

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/health/coronavirus/mps-call-government-give-hartlepool-united-financial-support-after-season-halted-coronavirus-2528289

Football?? Really??

Is it just me that thinks that there are far more important issues over and above football that warrant government attention and funding in the current crisis?

This truly baffles me...
I believe everything and nothing

Lucy Lass-Tick

Just another bandwagon for Hill - never misses a potential photo opportunity.

Topcat

Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that. Bill Shankly.

akarjl2

Quote from: Topcat on April 05, 2020, 10: AM
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that. Bill Shankly.

I always thought that was a moronic thing to say, obviously never watched someone die..bet he changed mind when he had his first heart attack....
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Inspector Knacker

Sorry to disappoint, but it's a business with employees so it's entitled to help.
However, why the Albert RN of politics decided yet again to throw his self under the bandwagon is beyond even God's comprehension.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

akarjl2

Wife's just confronted two morons who turned up and parked outside our house at seaton (culdisack) climbed out of car and went off for a run....she pointed out supposed to be exercising from home not driving round town to find a spot to run...

"aaam a professional football player yer kna"

well you are not supposed to be travelling around in pairs away from home......we have nurses in this street flogging their guts out saving lives and you put people at risk

"a knooo me mams a nurse"

Well you should know better you bloody clown.........

I assume they do not play for pools as they described themselves as prufesunals

They drove off....if they turn up again they will experience a less gentle approach...
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Inspector Knacker

They may well be 'professionals', but not in football. Sounds like a good excuse to them, it isn't.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on April 05, 2020, 09: AM
Just another bandwagon for Hill - never misses a potential photo opportunity.
A man's got to know his limitations. Sadly......in his case, everything he tries looks like lame opportunism. Even if by some miracle Corbyn had scraped home and he Hill was our MP, I'd still feel unrepresented. He's wallpaper.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Or wallpaper paste? Appears everywhere but is rarely noticed.