What's going on?

Started by DRiddle, November 06, 2019, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

Funny, I see it differently.

DRiddle

If you don't want to engage with someone on the internet (on a political discussion forum of all places), there is of course the option of NOT replying.

Has that possibility escaped the attention of members who apparently didn't want to engage with MK1 or myself . . . Yet continued to do so?

The Great Dictator

I agree with Fred, it's becoming tedious.

Let's move on....

akarjl2

Quote from: The Great Dictator on November 17, 2019, 11: AM

I agree with Fred, it's becoming tedious.

Let's move on....

Yea be better if thread was locked- no value here.
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

DRiddle

No it wouldn't. There's no reason to lock it. As I've said, if people don't want to participate in this thread it's simple, don't.

Start your own threads if you think you have a topic worth discussing.

'Lock the thread', 'suspend the forum during the election' etc, it's not North Korea.

Inspector Knacker

With your one question crusade you are making the board unreadable. Or was that the intention all along?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

DRiddle

Remind me again who suggested suspending the whole forum?

fred c

Quote from: DRiddle on November 17, 2019, 09: AM
If you don't want to engage with someone on the internet (on a political discussion forum of all places), there is of course the option of NOT replying.

Has that possibility escaped the attention of members who apparently didn't want to engage with MK1 or myself . . . Yet continued to do so?

Virtually every poster from very early on in this thread intimated that they didn't want to answer your repeated questions, but that had no effect, you intimated poster were anti immigration or poorly educated, amongst other things.

David, you have badgered every poster at some point or other and truth be told you became offensive to some, I readily agree with you on 1 crucial point however, "if people don't want to participate in this thread it's simple, don't".

I'm a fervent believer in freedom of expression and "locking the thread or closing down the forum for the election" was obviously a tongue in cheek retort, but then again I have a sense of humour.

DRiddle

As I said, nobody HAD to respond. You didn't HAVE to respond Fred, you chose to. In the same I chose to ask people why they voted leave.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 17, 2019, 12: PM
With your one question crusade you are making the board unreadable. Or was that the intention all along?
Bollocks. It created more posts in a week than in the previous month. Too many snowflakes here not used to being challenged.

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on November 17, 2019, 03: PM
snowflakes

Actor George Takei extended the metaphor to emphasize the power of snowflakes, saying: "The thing about 'snowflakes' is this: They are beautiful and unique, but in large numbers become an unstoppable avalanche that will bury you....

Just saying ;)
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 17, 2019, 03: PM
snowflakes

Actor George Takei extended the metaphor to emphasize the power of snowflakes, saying: "The thing about 'snowflakes' is this: They are beautiful and unique, but in large numbers become an unstoppable avalanche that will bury you....

The more the merrier.  A blank canvas for me write my name  in big steaming yellow letters.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on November 17, 2019, 04: PM
Quote from: akarjl2 on November 17, 2019, 03: PM
snowflakes

The more the merrier.  A blank canvas for me write my name  in big steaming yellow letters.
Surely big steaming brown letters..?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 17, 2019, 12: PM
Too many snowflakes here not used to being challenged.
....from the daddy of all snowflakes, 'Mr don't say that or I'll be forced to drown you in unfunny clips and my indisputable facts'.

DRiddle

Quotetruth be told you became offensive to some

No i didn't. I've said that in my experience people who WON'T disclose their reasons for voting leave either CAN'T, or are unwilling to admit their decision centers around immigration. How can that be offensive? It represents and accurate reflection of MY experience when talking with Brexit voters. Initially they don't disclose their reasons, then, with a bit of probing you establish they either can't or that their view is tied to immigration.

I didn't say that was the case with EVERY brexit voter, i stated it's my experience with them, in the situation i've outlined?

How can MY experience of a situation possibly offend OTHER people? It's my experience, no one else's.