What's going on?

Started by DRiddle, November 06, 2019, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akarjl2

This thread seems to grow and grow but is nothing more than a dick waving competition.

I can not believe for a second any sane person would seek even the lowest form of political office other than to line their pockets, massage their egos or because they are basically unemployable elsewhere. 

Claims they do it because they care and want to make a difference are just lies. If they really cared they could do charity work....Consequently I have no time for ANY politicians.

It seems a few here are quick to pour ridicule on the various political approaches both here and abroad during previous years but do not offer a solution/way ahead

To the two mayor contributors recently....perhaps you would like to enlighten us with your knowledge and visions....

DRiddle you seem to despise everyone who potentially voted leave and/or refuses to declare which way they voted and or explain why. Correct me if I am wrong but you represent PHF- so basically no faith in any of the mainstream parties.

Perhaps you would like to explain how you would like to see things progress in the tin pot chamber of wannabe's know as the Hartlepool Clowncil?

Or perhaps at a national level given your insistent demands that people respond to your demands they declare where they stand...

How would you like to see things develop politically/national after the election?

MK1 as I am sure you will point out to me , I do not have the right to ask,(so I expect a tirade of ridicule/YouTube videos or perhaps a simple refusal) but given your long term interest/knowledge of current national/regional affairs how would you like to see UK run?

Personally when it comes to both regional and national politics , like many. I am passed caring, despise politicians and I probably favour a dictatorship or a Singapore style government .....democracy in UK no longer works and has been broken for a long time..

While I am on a roll in this day and age why can't we have proportional representation based on computer voting?

Paper ballots in this day and age is the equivalent  of having a man with a flag walking ahead of cars on motorways......
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

diSme

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 16, 2019, 02: PM

While I am on a roll in this day and age why can't we have proportional representation based on computer voting?

Now this is something I'd like to see. I don't understand why we are not yet even on the pathway towards implementing such a system...

If I may recommend a fictional novel called Daemon by Daniel Suarez. It has themes which show a potential future for the global, national, and local political systems, all of which are based upon technology which is currently available and already very widespread.

Even disregarding the political connotations, it's a bloody good read.
I believe everything and nothing

Inspector Knacker

The only trouble with proportional representation is you don't have an MP, so who is your contact as the Party's have their own list and can stick any tosser in Parliament.
Basically it's all about the Party's then.
That said our own MP is a poor advert, but I still want a local representative.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

akarjl2

As I said politicians are a waste of space anyway...our current MP isn't even from the town and does nothing.....not even voting in accordance with the wishes of the electorate who put him in place.....when was the last time an MP here actually did anything unless it improved his ratings and the ratings of the party?

I could live without out same as I could live without the clowncil......couldn't manage a hole in their A**

Inspector Knacker

Sorry, I still think you can do with an MP. OK we've had nowt to sing about at national or local level and none of the main party's can not blush except the Lib Dem's, but only because they have had no representation in the town for a while.
A good MP really is an asset, we just haven't seen one for a loooooong time, but when you're living in a rotten borough there's no need to try as an MP, any jester in a suit will fit the bill.

akarjl2

I'm in my early sixties and have no experience of Hartlepool having an MP of any value..does anyone else? You could replace any of them with a website/helpline.

I suppose clowncillers should be dealing with drivel like bins not being collected etc.....then again I have no idea who my local clownciller is as he/she never does anything.

akarjl2

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 16, 2019, 05: PM
A good MP

Out of curiosity....seriously name one....even nationally?

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 16, 2019, 02: PM

MK1 as I am sure you will point out to me , I do not have the right to ask,(so I expect a tirade of ridicule/YouTube videos or perhaps a simple refusal) but given your long term interest/knowledge of current national/regional affairs how would you like to see UK run?

It is the nature of things that those in power drift towards corruption. In the end 'they' all start believing that they are doing a greater good so  they can lie and cheat for that end. The nature of the voting system means there is always a sizeable number of people in every constituency who have their views ignored.
All politics is corrupt and all politicians corrupt. The best we can do is harry and shame them into some form of decency. That is why we should be on Shane like a fly on merde. Keep on his back so he has to worry about the Forum and not think he can do anything because it is now in his back pocket. I am sure Shane is a decent bloke but even deeply religious people have internally justified their committing  evil and  disgusting things in the name of their god. Accept that politicians will disappoint you and never ever make the fatal error of believing that just because they share your politics that they should be 'given a chance'.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 16, 2019, 12: PM

I explained the situation to you but you swan on with your ignorance by referring to 'a couple of reinforced vessels from mothballs if required'. If only was that simple.

It was simple. Iceland said they would withdraw from NATO if they did not get their fishing grounds. The USA needed Iceland and leaned on the UK to comply. The UK did their masters bidding.

Inspector Knacker

I was referring to acquiring vessels that didn't exist that you appear to believe could be pulled out of mothballs, but as usual you twist it. No surprise there then.

DRiddle

So now we've debunked the fishing, are there any other reasons being offered from those who voted brexit?

Inspector Knacker

I'm not remotely interested in why you voted to remain. Nonetheless it's none of my business and wouldn't dream of asking you for your reasons. My intentions have changed since 2016 but remain my business which I justify to no one, but are nothing that would excite you.

DRiddle

So immigration then? That's what I thought.

akarjl2

Quote from: DRiddle on November 16, 2019, 08: PM
So now we've debunked the fishing, are there any other reasons being offered from those who voted brexit?

Is this some form of deflection technique.....or simply you fixating on something?

Again I ask

QuoteDRiddle you seem to despise everyone who potentially voted leave and/or refuses to declare which way they voted and or explain why. Correct me if I am wrong but you represent PHF- so basically no faith in any of the mainstream parties.

Perhaps you would like to explain how you would like to see things progress in the tin pot chamber of wannabe's know as the Hartlepool Clowncil?

Or perhaps at a national level given your insistent demands that people respond to your demands they declare where they stand...How would you like to see things develop politically/national after the election?

If you don't have a vision of the future as a local politician that you are prepared to share here I would suggest you have no right to persistently request people on this forum explain their political stance.

Typical politician.......

fred c

Quote from: DRiddle on November 16, 2019, 08: PM

What is this crusade trying to prove, you ask a question and when someone does reply you then "Debunk It".

Is there any wonder no one has bothered their ar**'s to engage with you on this thread, we all know your are a clever fella, but it seems as though you have to keep proving it to yourself.