What's going on?

Started by DRiddle, November 06, 2019, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akarjl2

Perhaps not ...perhaps noisier?
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on November 13, 2019, 02: PM
Quote from: grim reaper on November 13, 2019, 01: PM

A university can have a deleterious effect on an individual, especially then the EU pours millions of pounds, every year, into those universities that are willing to proselytise its snowflake intake.

It is a sore point with fruitcakes that Leave voters have, on average, less formal education that those who voted to Remain. They constantly rail against this simple fact and unable to refute the  facts  they make general attacks on 'education'.

Here is the data they desperately want to discredit:

The graduates of 'the University Of life' were on Newsnight last night. They did a 'Voters Panel' thingy where they got the views of a load of wrinklies(all sat in a pub) and some lads  playing football. All of the beer-drinkers said they would happily see the end of the UK and the loss of Scotland and NI with one comment that 'we have conquered half the world'. The young lads were very uncomplimentary about the strongly held opinions of their elders.
After analysing your posts it's obvious you despise everybody and don't vote. A sideline sniper.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on November 13, 2019, 02: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 13, 2019, 08: AM

That sentence did not need to include the words 'bong eyed loony' to make the point

To say that you would have to know what point I was trying to make.
Rest assured my words were carefully chosen.

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 13, 2019, 08: AM

but you just can't help it.
Incorrect. I always chose my words carefully.

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 13, 2019, 08: AMI've heard it used before of course..........

Familiarity with the terms seems not to have lessened their impact or ability to trigger.
Does anyone measure up to your exceedingly high standards? God for instance?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on November 13, 2019, 01: PM

Campaigning for the status quo does not a loony make. Extreme views are the fruitcake hallmark.
Campaigning to undo an election result is not a fruitcake action, it's far worse than that, it's a chest thumping contempt for democracy.

DRiddle

So to summarise so far, no leave voters will give THEIR personal reasons for voting the way they did.

All opinions are apparently equally valid (even though they're clearly NOT).

The EU imposes laws on us even though no one will name a specific law.

Mentioning the Magna Carta upsets Brexit voters.

Democracy is a one off vote. Set In stone forever and should NOT be revisited EVER.

Finally, brexit voters like noisy hoovers and cheap tampons.

That's sorted then.

akarjl2

Quote from: DRiddle on November 13, 2019, 06: PM
So to summarise so far, no leave voters will give THEIR personal reasons for voting the way they did.

The penny drops

QuoteAll opinions are apparently equally valid

Correct

Quote(even though they're clearly NOT).

Incorrect

QuoteThe EU imposes laws on us even though no one will name a specific law.

Google is your friend....

QuoteMentioning the Magna Carta upsets Brexit voters.

Some it would appear..

QuoteDemocracy is a one off vote. Set In stone forever and should NOT be revisited EVER.

You lost the referendum seems to be taking time to sink in....

QuoteFinally, brexit voters like noisy hoovers and cheap tampons.

About as relevant as saying remainers like quiet hoovers and expensive tampons

Please tell us you do not teach politics or humanities?.........
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: DRiddle on November 13, 2019, 06: PM
At last.
All opinions are apparently equally valid (even though they're clearly NOT).
Whatever.
The EU imposes laws on us even though no one will name a specific law.
...again, whatever.
Mentioning the Magna Carta upsets Brexit voters.
The Magna Carta is to be celebrated, not used as a stooge for convoluted schemes.
Democracy is a one off vote. Set In stone forever and should NOT be revisited EVER.
No, it's there to be acted upon, not dragged into a dark alleyway and strangled by those who don't get the result they demand.
Finally, brexit voters like noisy hoovers and cheap tampons.
It's YOUR obsession, whatever you get up to behind your own front door is your business.
That's sorted then.
I doubt it Ariston .

DRiddle

We established earlier today all opinions are NOT equally valid. An informed, knowledgeable opinion is MORE valid the one which isn't.

What are you scared of exactly? In terms of being unwilling to disclose your reasons for voting leave?

You're nearly all hiding behind pseudonyms, I'm using my real name. What have you got to worry about in disclosing why you voted the way you did?

Go on, you can tell me. What was it? Foreigners? 'Muslim Ray-Guns'?, bendy bananas? foreign aid contributions? The French? The metric system? jean christophe novelli? Gerd Muller in the 1970 World Cup?

Inspector Knacker

You're wasting your time. Audios.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 13, 2019, 05: PM

Campaigning to undo an election result is not a fruitcake action, it's far worse than that, it's a chest thumping contempt for democracy.

Ah now I know what the problem is. You think 'democracy' means once you get what you want then no on else  is allowed to challenge or work overturn that decision under any circumstance.

DRiddle

The logic being deployed now then, is once a vote goes a certain way, it should remain that way FOREVER and anyone on the wrong side of the vote has to just keep quiet and accept it?

Grumblstiltskin

Could someone explain how living on an island of finite area and resources and worrying about how many people are coming to live here is racist? I would have thought it common sense to realize we have to try to limit the amount of people living on our small island, is that common sense or racism?

DRiddle

So your concern involves immigration?

Grumblstiltskin

Quote from: DRiddle on November 13, 2019, 08: PM
So your concern involves immigration?

Is that question directed at me?

DRiddle