What's going on?

Started by DRiddle, November 06, 2019, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

So immigration isn't at the top of most people's lists? What IS then?

akarjl2

Give it a rest....

Based on the outcome of the election we will either:

Leave= tough get over it

or

Remain=you will never be able to spout on here or at the clowncil ever again about democracy if you have an ounce of of pride.

What others think on here is none of your business and irrelevant. They will decide at the election.
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

DRiddle

None of my business, possibly. Irrelevant, certainly not.

People who've read this thread from start to finish will infer your reasons for voting leave from your unwillingness to give them.

Topcat

In this country we have a system of secret ballots to decide political and other  issues,the word "secret" should give a clue to why most people are keeping the reason for voting whichever way they did to themselves. If they wanted to have their reasons held up for dissection by those who think that only their opinion is valid I'm quite sure they would share it here,the fact that they don't should be a clue that they just don't want to engage with you.

Topcat

You may have noticed that my statement applies to those who voted to remain as much as it does to those who wanted to leave.

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 13, 2019, 06: AM

I am guessing you voted remain.......

It is not often you are right and today is no exception.

Their are plenty of bong eyed loony remainers around....you only have to stand outside parliament - the blue flag is a give away.....and we seem to have at least one amongst us here.

Campaigning for the status quo does not a loony make. Extreme views are the fruitcake hallmark. The Brexit Party (RIP) were after an extreme version of 'Leave' where all connections with Europe were severed on principle. Even fellow Leavers call those people extremists.

akarjl2

Quote from: DRiddle on November 13, 2019, 01: PM
None of my business, possibly. Irrelevant, certainly not.

People who've read this thread from start to finish will infer your reasons for voting leave from your unwillingness to give them.

Most people here don't give a flying f*c* as to how I voted or why.....you on the other hand seem obsessed with basically "proving" all pro Brexit votes were made as a result of perceived "racists" reacting to immigration. In many cases this is simply not the case however despite your demands and frustration people simply will not cave in to your irritating and frankly ludicrous demands.

Still it is very entertaining watching you flip your lid every day becoming increasingly frustrated....some of us with time on our hands will bait you incessantly regarding your demands until you give up.

grim reaper

GUYS:  Riddle, mk1 et al are a mirror image of the remoaners such as Osborne, Carney, Hammond (who just been handed a job inside the EU..how cosy), Grieve, Gauke etc.
They WILL have their way, cos they know best. NO, they don't.

I don't waste my time taking part in social intercourse with lost causes, hence my lack of response to impudent demands for elucidation on points I have made.

However, simply to strengthen the resolve of the 'leavers' like fred c and other sensible people on here (I don't give a flying fuc% about the remoaners), I offer the following;
In a 1963 European Court case, it decreed;

"The Treaty (of Rome) is more than an agreement which merely creates mutual obligations between contracting States. This view is confirmed by the preamble to the Treaty, which refers not only to governments but to peoples...the Community constitutes a new legal order in international law, for whose benefit the States have limited their Sovereign Rights, albeit within limited fields, and the subjects of which comprise not only the member States, but also their Nationals".

Within a year, in the Costa v ENEL case, the European Court stated that Community Law over-rides conflicting national State Laws.

"The transfer by the States from their domestic legal system to the Community Legal system of rights and obligations, arising under the Treaty (of Rome),carries with it a permanent limitation of their Sovereign Rights".

By 1970, in another European Court case, the European Court declared its view that Community Law should take precedence, even over the constitutional laws of the member states...including basic entrenched laws guaranteeing fundamental rights.
European Law has 'Primacy' over other State laws.

Mr Justice Hoffman, in a 1990 case stated;

"The Treaty of Rome is the Supreme Law of this country, taking precedence over Acts of Parliament. Our entry into the Community meant that (subject to our undoubted but probably theoretical right to withdraw from the Community altogether), Parliament surrendered its Sovereign right to legislate, contrary to the Treaty, on matters of social and economic policy, which it regulated."

There are many more 'cases' where the EU has indicated its total disregard for our laws. The European Court has Primacy..end of. (In their view).

I shall go to my grave fighting those that believe they have the right to impose 'their' laws on me and mine.
We need to be out of their 'back of a fag packet' and glass of Cognac, rules and regulations.
We are nearly there, watch this country take flight, once the shackles are broken.

By the way Riddle, the EU regulation you refer to regarding vacuum cleaners, was nothing to do with 'inferior quality'.
The EU decided we had to save electricity by limiting the power output and noise of vacuum cleaners. Those requiring over 900 watts and 80 decibels are being phased out ....by EU law.

See, you are not as smart as you obviously think you are. Strangely, I find quite a few teachers are self absorbed.
A university can have a deleterious effect on an individual, especially then the EU pours millions of pounds, every year, into those universities that are willing to proselytise its snowflake intake.

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on November 13, 2019, 01: PM

I am guessing you voted remain.......

It is not often you are right and today is no exception.

Good to know...

akarjl2

Quote from: grim reaper on November 13, 2019, 01: PM
GUYS:  Riddle, mk1 et al are a mirror image of the remoaners such as Osborne, Carney, Hammond (who just been handed a job inside the EU..how cosy), Grieve, Gauke etc.
They WILL have their way, cos they know best. NO, they don't.

I don't waste my time taking part in social intercourse with lost causes, hence my lack of response to impudent demands for elucidation on points I have made.

However, simply to strengthen the resolve of the 'leavers' like fred c and other sensible people on here (I don't give a flying fuc% about the remoaners), I offer the following;
In a 1963 European Court case, it decreed;

"The Treaty (of Rome) is more than an agreement which merely creates mutual obligations between contracting States. This view is confirmed by the preamble to the Treaty, which refers not only to governments but to peoples...the Community constitutes a new legal order in international law, for whose benefit the States have limited their Sovereign Rights, albeit within limited fields, and the subjects of which comprise not only the member States, but also their Nationals".

Within a year, in the Costa v ENEL case, the European Court stated that Community Law over-rides conflicting national State Laws.

"The transfer by the States from their domestic legal system to the Community Legal system of rights and obligations, arising under the Treaty (of Rome),carries with it a permanent limitation of their Sovereign Rights".

By 1970, in another European Court case, the European Court declared its view that Community Law should take precedence, even over the constitutional laws of the member states...including basic entrenched laws guaranteeing fundamental rights.
European Law has 'Primacy' over other State laws.

Mr Justice Hoffman, in a 1990 case stated;

"The Treaty of Rome is the Supreme Law of this country, taking precedence over Acts of Parliament. Our entry into the Community meant that (subject to our undoubted but probably theoretical right to withdraw from the Community altogether), Parliament surrendered its Sovereign right to legislate, contrary to the Treaty, on matters of social and economic policy, which it regulated."

There are many more 'cases' where the EU has indicated its total disregard for our laws. The European Court has Primacy..end of. (In their view).

I shall go to my grave fighting those that believe they have the right to impose 'their' laws on me and mine.
We need to be out of their 'back of a fag packet' and glass of Cognac, rules and regulations.
We are nearly there, watch this country take flight, once the shackles are broken.

By the way Riddle, the EU regulation you refer to regarding vacuum cleaners, was nothing to do with 'inferior quality'.
The EU decided we had to save electricity by limiting the power output and noise of vacuum cleaners. Those requiring over 900 watts and 80 decibels are being phased out ....by EU law.

See, you are not as smart as you obviously think you are. Strangely, I find quite a few teachers are self absorbed.
A university can have a deleterious effect on an individual, especially then the EU pours millions of pounds, every year, into those universities that are willing to proselytise its snowflake intake.

BOOM

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 13, 2019, 12: PM

Of course it did standard MK1 response.........

Which as always has the standard fruitcake riposte that:
a) claims they do not read my posts
b) addresses all my points

akarjl2

Actually I hang on your every word, I find it very entertaining- a lot of what you say makes sense...then again a lot doesn't and you are somewhat predictable as many of us are. ;)

mk1

Quote from: grim reaper on November 13, 2019, 01: PM

It is a sore point with fruitcakes that Leave voters have, on average, less formal education that those who voted to Remain. They constantly rail against this simple fact and unable to refute the  facts  they make general attacks on 'education'.

Here is the data they desperately want to discredit:

The graduates of 'the University Of life' were on Newsnight last night. They did a 'Voters Panel' thingy where they got the views of a load of wrinklies(all sat in a pub) and some lads  playing football. All of the beer-drinkers said they would happily see the end of the UK and the loss of Scotland and NI with one comment that 'we have conquered half the world'. The young lads were very uncomplimentary about the strongly held opinions of their elders. 

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 13, 2019, 08: AM

That sentence did not need to include the words 'bong eyed loony' to make the point

To say that you would have to know what point I was trying to make.
Rest assured my words were carefully chosen.

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 13, 2019, 08: AM

but you just can't help it.
Incorrect. I always chose my words carefully.

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 13, 2019, 08: AMI've heard it used before of course..........

Familiarity with the terms seems not to have lessened their impact or ability to trigger.

DRiddle

So you voted to leave for the right to own NOSIER vacuum cleaners?