What's going on?

Started by DRiddle, November 06, 2019, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Quote from: DRiddle on November 08, 2019, 08: PM
This is tiresome isn't it?

As I've explained, simply saying 'it's my choice' isn't a reason. It's nowhere near a reason. A choice is an option between two or more possibilities. A REASON can explain why you made that particular choice.

Again, no one has offered a reason other than a vague implication that we'll free ourselves from EU laws. Which when challenged about which specific laws . . . Silence.

No one is trying to trick anyone, or show themselves to be superior to anyone or to be condescending. I'm certainly not anyway.

17.6 million people have voted in such a way which may negatively impact significantly on my future and the future of my children.

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask WHY you felt it best to do that.

David, it's patently obvious that no one want's to engage with you on this "Tiresome" subject, so why persist with it just accept that fact and respect the right of users to make that choice.

Btw I don't / won't accept any responsibility whatsoever for any negative impact on you or you children by my voting to leave and neither should anyone else who voted leave and no I won't be bothering my ar** explaining why.

DRiddle

And you wonder why the forum is dying. . .

mk1

Quote from: fred c on November 08, 2019, 08: PM
.it isn't a matter of shut the fcuk up, it's a matter of you allowing users to express an opinion without attempting to denigrate anything they say.

My case in a nutshell is that Shane engaged in a planned deception to get elected. That he never was at any time an independent and that he would rejoin The Farage Cult as soon as he believed he could get away with it. I present the evidence for this and no one has challenged it. All I get is insult, whataboutism  requests for my banning and  replies full of personal insults saying that I use to many personal insults!
I am not bothered with no one engaging because it gives me a free ride and an easier target. The reason no one defends shane is not because they don't want too but that the evidence for the duplicity is so overwhelming their is no rational defence.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: DRiddle on November 08, 2019, 08: PM
Express an opinion then Fred?!?! That's what be I've been on about all along. People on here are advocating Brexit but with saying WHY.
If you can't begin to empathise as to why anyone would want to leave, how can you hope to understand the answer...?

Ok your OPINION, or in anyone's opinion, WHY is it better to leave the EU?
You won't get an answer because the train has left,
I'm not ramming my opinion down people's throats. I'm openly, politely asking them for THEIRS.
You're asking the same question again and again but failing to grasp the point that a person who has to ask their 'opponents' why obviously shouldn't be in the game.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on November 08, 2019, 09: PM
Quote from: fred c on November 08, 2019, 08: PM
.it isn't a matter of shut the fcuk up, it's a matter of you allowing users to express an opinion without attempting to denigrate anything they say.

My case in a nutshell is that Shane engaged in a planned deception to get elected.
Is that illegal ?
That he never was at any time an independent and that he would rejoin The Farage Cult as soon as he believed he could get away with it.
How do you know?
I present the evidence for this and no one has challenged it. All I get is insult, whataboutism  requests for my banning and  replies full of personal insults saying that I use to many personal insults!
Tell us how then.
I am not bothered with no one engaging because it gives me a free ride and an easier target. The reason no one defends shane is not because they don't want too but that the evidence for the duplicity is so overwhelming their is no rational defence.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on November 08, 2019, 09: PM

I am not bothered with no one engaging because it gives me a free ride and an easier target.
If no one is engaging you it may be simply because you won't get a free ride and your imagined targets just ain't bothered by your broadsides anymore.

The reason no one defends shane is not because they don't want too but that the evidence for the duplicity is so overwhelming their is no rational defence.
There's only you worrying about it.

Inspector Knacker

The answer I expected. Thanks.

diSme

I've been thinking about this all evening, and the reason I voted leave is because I'm against centralised government in general, and I'm certainly against globalisation, and being part of the EU is absolutely a major step towards globalisation in my opinion.

I would personally like to see a complete overhaul of the current political system so that aspects of my life are not dictated by some ponce in London, or some Eurocrat in Brussels.

I'm all for local governance, however not as it currently exists. It should not be a financially rewarding position, and it should only be open to local people who have the support of the general local populace.

Idealism maybe, but that's why I want out of Europe, and I'm rather annoyed that the bureaucrats are doing everything in their power to prevent the will of the people being expedited.

'Democracy' is broken.
I believe everything and nothing

mk1

Quote from: diSme on November 08, 2019, 10: PM
I'm against centralised government in general, and I'm certainly against globalisation, and being part of the EU is absolutely a major step towards globalisation in my opinion.

What about the argument that the EU is a third 'superpower' able to interact on equal terms with Both the USA and China. Any weakening of The EU only plays into the hands of the other two.  You might not like  superpowers but having 3 is much better than 2  or god forbid, just 1.

Idealism maybe, but that's why I want out of Europe, and I'm rather annoyed that the bureaucrats are doing everything in their power to prevent the will of the people being expedited.

'Democracy' is broken.

If JRM and the other fruitcakes had voted for May's Bill then we would be out now. Do you blame these people for denying the 'will of the people'.

akarjl2

I've been thinking about this all evening, and the reason I voted leave is because I'm against centralised government in general, and I'm certainly against globalisation, and being part of the EU is absolutely a major step towards globalisation in my opinion.

I would personally like to see a complete overhaul of the current political system so that aspects of my life are not dictated by some ponce in London, or some Eurocrat in Brussels.

I'm all for local governance, however not as it currently exists. It should not be a financially rewarding position, and it should only be open to local people who have the support of the general local populace.

'Democracy' is broken.

just about summons up the thoughts of many. Unfortunately I do not think it will happen. Many tried and failed...time to move on?
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

akarjl2

Quote from: DRiddle on November 08, 2019, 09: PM
And you wonder why the forum is dying. . .

Seems fairly alive at the moment?
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 09, 2019, 06: AM

just about summons up the thoughts of many. Unfortunately I do not think it will happen. Many tried and failed...time to move on?
NO. it is not time to move on, we've had political trench warfare where every trick in the book has been brazenly used to stop leaving leaving the EU without even blushing.
Finish what you started, they wanted to grind you down, you've come this far.
The scurrilous antics of the politicians and their lackeys changed my opinion on Brexit 180 degrees when they showed themselves up for what they are.