What's going on?

Started by DRiddle, November 06, 2019, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: DRiddle on November 08, 2019, 04: PM
Isn't that a completely separate issue? In that all the MP's who have jumped ship of late have changed parties (mostly) because of their views on brexit?

They've articulated their reasons for wanting to join either a more brexit focused party, or a more remain advocating party.
Of course they've 'articulated' their reasons, it's what they do for a living, so it's ok for them but no one else more 'local'? Why should any private citizen have to justify their reasons for voting to anyone, we don't use commissars.

You seem to have voted brexit without a clue as to actually why you did so. Don't you think it's strange to do something like vote without actually having reasons for your choice?
How exactly would you know they didn't have a clue? those reasons are personal for some people and do not have to be justified to anyone.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

DRiddle

I'm not saying you HAVE to tell me. I said that in my experience most Brexit voters won't or can't reveal their reasons for voting that way.

It's fine, you've proved my point. You're in the "I'm not telling you" camp. Which is your prerogative.

My prerogative is to assume that that's because of that you're also in the "I CAN'T tell you" camp.  ;)

DRiddle

Additionally, is anyone going to clarify which law or laws you feel Britain will be free from post Brexit? I have asked this already but was met with silence.

akarjl2

Quote from: DRiddle on November 08, 2019, 05: PM
I'm not saying you HAVE to tell me. I said that in my experience most Brexit voters won't or can't reveal their reasons for voting that way.

It's fine, you've proved my point. You're in the "I'm not telling you" camp. Which is your prerogative.

My prerogative is to assume that that's because of that you're also in the "I CAN'T tell you" camp.  ;)

Based on that arrogant response I would suggest you do not give up your day job.......... ;)
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 08, 2019, 05: PM

Come on, let's not beat about the bush, it's because they joined the Brexit Party.?

Bollocks. Its because Shane lied. He lied to get elected and he never was an independent. That was a deliberate deception in order to get elected.
I said it at the time and here some random examples from May &July :

Quote from: mk1 on May 21, 2019, 10: PM
I hope all those who voted independent are prepared for the lurch to the far-right. Perhaps we can expect a visit from Tommy Knobinson and Sargon. I will have to stock up on milkshakes but mine will be frozen solid for a knockout blow!

Quote from: mk1 on July 26, 2019, 04: PM
Its 100% certain that the IU is Farage stalking Horse. It is absolutely certain they will fight any GE as Farage Stooges and it was the plan before the last election. Tennant is a senior member of Farage's bandwagon and the prospective Farage Candidate for Hartlepool has already been chosen. They will not reveal who it is because that would give the game away and finally destroy the fiction of an 'Independent' Council.
Polls have shown that the obsessive Brexiteers are quite prepared to see the UK break up to get their fantasy. When people are that myopic then we are indeed in for a rough ride.
Of course all this speculation can be ended quite easily by Shane publicly stating he will never join, stand for, campaign for or have anything to do with the Farage Bandwagon.

Shane used to message me bits of anti-Labour gossip knowing  I would post them with a bit of added spin. He even chided me once when he thought I had gone over the top.
I was even taken in myself. When Labour put it about a deal was in the works to allow CAB to retain a Chair I attacked Brash as a liar. Turns out Labour were not lying so even the best of us can be deceived.

mk1

Quote from: grim reaper on November 08, 2019, 12: PM

In a democratic society, people are allowed differing points of view. Political discourse should be encouraged, without reference to schoolyard name-calling.

Do they?

Quote from: grim reaper on November 08, 2019, 12: PM
Tinpot dictators..............the EUSSR.......sick of reading the long diatribe of attacks on people, simply for having their own point of view.
That way lies Stalin, Pol Pot, Hitler, Mussolini, Ghadaffi, Hussein, Mugabe, Ceausescu etc.

By the way you missed one......................Trump.

Love also  that an old long-discredited fiction is still being parroted:

For 20 odd years the accounts of the EUSSR have failed to 'balance'.

mk1

Another example of my warnings/predictive powers . Some of us were never taken in by the lie about being independents.

Quote from: mk1 on May 30, 2019, 01: PM
It is blindingly obvious from tone and body language that the interviewer does not believe a word of what Shane is telling her about  the SAB disaster.  Given they are former Party Colleagues and no questions asked  about 2 jobs Tennant and the upcoming renaming of The IU as UKIP Mk II it was a chance for Shane to put the best spin on events and he completely failed.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/273708489455822/permalink/1327202670773060/

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on November 08, 2019, 06: PM
Bollocks. Its because Shane lied. He lied to get elected and he never was an independent. That was a deliberate deception in order to get elected.

Back of the net....

fred c

Quote from: DRiddle on November 08, 2019, 12: PM
You don't have a 'point of view' simply because you've exercised your democratic right to vote brexit. That's a CHOICE, as i explained.

A point of view involves being able to articulate that viewpoint.

Quotedo not want our legal and political spheres run

Which legal spheres are you looking forward to having autonomy over post brexit? Is there a particular EU law or laws which grind your gears?

This reply to 'grim reaper' hits the nail firmly on the napper, he provides a number of reasons for his decision on brexit to David and still he come back again and again.

"That's a Choice as I have explained"

Why does he feel it necessary to trot out yet another condescending reply, talking down to someone whilst hoping for debate with that person is more likely to result in them 'logging out' and a ffs not again

grim reapers replies were articulate enough for everyone on this forum apart from David, who once again threw down a gauntlet in an attempt to provoke grime reaper into another merry go round of i'm cleverer than you bollox.

What appears to be missing in recent months on the forum is a lack of understanding by some posters of the right of members to express their opinions here without being subjected to a fingernail pulling interrogation on those opinions.

akarjl2

Quote from: fred c on November 08, 2019, 07: PM
What appears to be missing in recent months on the forum is a lack of understanding by some posters of the right of members to express their opinions here without being subjected to a fingernail pulling interrogation on those opinions.

Especially if your views conflict with some of the more long standing members......

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 08, 2019, 07: PM

Especially if your views conflict with some of the more long standing members......

What a load of bollocks.

I have never attempted to stop anyone posting here, never once. Even though I had the power to do something about my attackersI never once abused that privilege.

So unlike the mob baying for me to be either removed or the board shut down.  Nobody can be that dim they did not notice that so the ignorance is wilful.
The actual  position is that those who support Shane can not accept that he did any wrong or that he should be criticised.
As for 'lack of understanding' well I am the one who was the first to 'understand' that the IU were not in any way Independent and were just a way to get all the old UKIP lot back in by the back door. I knew that once they were in they would become members of the latest Farage Cult and I have the posts that prove it. I saw through the deception and there are those who either have not realised they were tricked or do not care because that is their politics and they crave 'power' so  much they abandon all principles.
Its a shame to see posters who laid into Labour in the most personal of terms for over a decade suddenly become guardians of decency once their man is attacked.

https://youtu.be/-crgQGdpZR0?t=1

mk1

grim reapers replies were articulate enough for everyone on this forum apart from David.

Sorry got that wrong.

There seems to be a default board  position that  assumes anyone who does not agree is a minority and thus has to shut the fcuk up.
I would like my name taken off that nodding donkey list.

DRiddle

This is tiresome isn't it?

As I've explained, simply saying 'it's my choice' isn't a reason. It's nowhere near a reason. A choice is an option between two or more possibilities. A REASON can explain why you made that particular choice.

Again, no one has offered a reason other than a vague implication that we'll free ourselves from EU laws. Which when challenged about which specific laws . . . Silence.

No one is trying to trick anyone, or show themselves to be superior to anyone or to be condescending. I'm certainly not anyway.

17.6 million people have voted in such a way which may negatively impact significantly on my future and the future of my children.

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask WHY you felt it best to do that.

fred c

The top and bottom of it is you never agree with any one but David, you launch into anyone who disagrees with anything you say.....it isn't a matter of shut the fcuk up, it's a matter of you allowing users to express an opinion without attempting to denigrate anything they say.

DRiddle

Express an opinion then Fred?!?! That's what be I've been on about all along. People on here are advocating Brexit but with saying WHY.

Ok your OPINION, or in anyone's opinion, WHY is it better to leave the EU?

I'm not ramming my opinion down people's throats. I'm openly, politely asking them for THEIRS.