What's going on?

Started by DRiddle, November 06, 2019, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: DRiddle on November 16, 2019, 07: AM
So you want to know why fishermen might he better off remaining in the EU, MK1 post a very interesting, heavily evidence based article which answers precisely that . . . And you dont read it.
Sorry, can't you understand I need no introduction to EU fishing regs from Mk 1. or anyone else come to that. I can 'read' but was involved in this when you were teething, but not as a fisherman

Maybe that's the reason you voted leave eh?
Did I say I voted for leave? You make assumptions, it is possible to change one's mind after all when you realise some people just cannot accept a vote.

Wasn't it Gove who said "people have had enough of experts?"
Not a follower of the fellow but doubtless Mk1 will have a few titbits for you.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on November 16, 2019, 08: AM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 16, 2019, 07: AM
.but on this topic I don't need to, I'm in my comfort zone.

Dunning Kruger applies
You're a psychiatrist as well now, how do find the hours in the day.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 16, 2019, 10: AM

Now are you claiming to be the 'Truth' ....?

No you are. You are saying you don't need to check anything because you are an 'expert'.
This modern age where experts (or more correctly experts you believe to hold opposing political views) are derided.

mk1

You're a psychiatrist as well now

The Dunning-Kruger effect is nothing to do with Psychiatry but If it walks like a duck and quacks then........... it is a Canard!

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on November 16, 2019, 07: AM
It should be remembered that the 3 (in)famous 'Cod Wars' were all  won by Iceland and that in the end the UK surrendered because it was discovered that 'we' needed Iceland far more than they needed us.  The UK Government sold the fisherman out  for a political advantage and that was a bigger blow to the UK fishing fleet than any EU deal.  The 'EU' were also defeated by plucky little Iceland and, when push came to shove, the USA decided to intervene in Iceland's favour.
Iceland 'won' because they had the tools for the job. Ice strengthened patrol vessels, far more robust than us sending frigates with much thinner hulls and lots of delicate/ expensive equipment to get damaged. A politicians answer to the problem, like their crazy suggestion to force the Fleet Air Arm to bomb the wreck of the Torres Canyon to burn off the oil, the navy rolled it's eyes and obeyed orders.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on November 16, 2019, 10: AM

If it walks like a duck and quacks then it is a Canard.................
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck in a white coat......

mk1

Iceland 'won' because they had the tools for the job. Ice strengthened patrol vessels, far more robust than us sending frigates with much thinner hulls and lots of delicate/ expensive equipment to get damaged.
The History books say it is because Iceland threatened to leave NATO if the UK did not  grant them their fishing rights and that pressure from the US to stop this happening was a critical factor. The population of the whole of  Iceland was roughly that of Sunderland and I am sure the RN could rustle up a couple or reinforced vessels from mothballs if  required.

mk1

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck in a white coat......

Even if the Canard wears a white coat the Dunning-Kreuger Effect is still nothing to do with Psychiatry.

ReturntoZenda

However, in much the same way as people reading "we'll give an extra £350 million a week to the NHS" have been duped by an emotive promise that'll never actually happen, I'm afraid, so have you.

I'm afraid you appear to have duped yourself David, as that's not what the bus said.

mk1

Quote from: ReturntoZenda on November 16, 2019, 11: AM

I'm afraid you appear to have duped yourself David, as that's not what the bus said.

Wriggle room for the bus wording  but the billboard adds were, pretty clear:

Plus if you want to go down the semantics path he never mentioned the bus

However, in much the same way as people reading "we'll give an extra £350 million a week to the NHS" have been duped by an emotive promise that'll never actually happen, I'm afraid, so have you.

DRiddle

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylgro_HMLT8

What else do you think you know more about than me I.K?

Inspector Knacker

The Dunning-Kruger effect is nothing to do with Psychiatry but If it walks like a duck and quacks then........... it is a Canard!
I think you'll find psychology and psychiatry are connected O learned one. However you were using it as a sly dig at someone's lack of ability, I wonder who ::)

Inspector Knacker

I am sure the RN could rustle up a couple or reinforced vessels from mothballs if  required.
I explained the situation to you but you swan on with your ignorance by referring to 'a couple of reinforced vessels from mothballs if required'. If only was that simple.

Inspector Knacker

Now are you claiming to be the 'Truth' ....?

No you are. You are saying you don't need to check anything because you are an 'expert'.
No, you are. I only mentioned it in relation to the North Sea so stop fantasising everybody, even you, has to check from several sources.
This modern age where experts (or more correctly experts you believe to hold opposing political views) are derided.
Not derided by me.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: DRiddle on November 16, 2019, 12: PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylgro_HMLT8

What else do you think you know more about than me I.K?
If I had his money, you could despise me too. I'd lose no sleep over it.