Labours Referendum Leaflet

Started by steveL, November 10, 2012, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

For Info:

Apparently these were being handed out by SCAB, Marge, Carl, Edwin Jeffries, Ged Hall, John Barclay, John Maxwell (don't know who he is) and Steve Thomas today at the bottom of the ramp with cries of "get rid of the Mayor this Thursday"

Next week they're doing "buy one Councillor get one free"

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

for fawkes sake

I think this is a conveniently crude way of performing calculations. Yes there would presumably be a saving from doing away with Drummond's allowance and that of any Cabinet members but that's only one side of the equation.
What about the additional costs of a committee system, a Council Leader and Committee Chairs - you can't add up one side of the balance sheet while completely ignoring the other.

Given that this is coming from the party that is pushing for an increase in councillor allowances already, I think we have an idea already of the size of any new trough.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

craig finton

Surely it's a mistake for any party to campaign actively against the existing system even if they themselves would wish for an alternative system. To do so will suggest an alterior motive to the electorate as no one will believe that they are doing it purely for altruistic or democratic reasons. I'd say this was something of an own goal, personally. 

marky

Why was Jeffries there? is he a Councillor - No
Is he the Puppet Master? - Yes
He wants to control everything by proxy without the need for anyone having voted for him. Now do as i say you lot or I'll deselect you.

testing times

"Apparently these were being handed out by SCAB, Marge, Carl, Edwin Jeffries, Ged Hall, John Barclay, John Maxwell (don't know who he is) and Steve Thomas today at the bottom of the ramp with cries of "get rid of the Mayor this Thursday" "
I heard that some wag had come up with a return chant

" We know who you are
  We know why you're here
  You want us to be ruled
  Like North Korea "

marky

if only....I reckon most people would have looked on this group of freeloaders and laughed....talk about 'the ususal suspects'

rabbit

So, if the town votes for the Elected Mayor post to stay, Labour would not field a candidate when the time comes.

The Great Dictator

steveL

interesting potential situation  :o
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

rabbit

Better keep the leaflet to post on here when they do put up a candidate.

May remind the Labour team of their arguments against the principle of an elected mayor.

Another Own Goal?

brassed off monkey

Quote from: for fawkes sake on November 10, 2012, 07: PM
I think this is a conveniently crude way of performing calculations. Yes there would presumably be a saving from doing away with Drummond's allowance and that of any Cabinet members but that's only one side of the equation.
What about the additional costs of a committee system, a Council Leader and Committee Chairs - you can't add up one side of the balance sheet while completely ignoring the other.

Given that this is coming from the party that is pushing for an increase in councillor allowances already, I think we have an idea already of the size of any new trough.

Depend if its the same person who did the accountants for Manor Residents ?

steveL

mk1

What a choice, an idiot or a gang of thieves!

The Great Dictator

Is he holding up those dead people ?

steveL

Quote from: testicles on November 12, 2012, 11: AM
Is he holding up those dead people ?

I would so like to remind you of that post in 20-30 years time.  ;)