Tory Hypocrisy

Started by steveL, November 05, 2012, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Perseus, they had that chance over the budget fiasco but when faced with de-selection they chose to take the coward's route.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

I take a simple view: to stay quiet over wrong-doing is to condone it.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

Something to be said for your points on the collective sway that PHF, The Indy & a Possible Tory faction could have on the decent Labour councillors.

But there is a problem in that it appears no one from the labour group wants to break ranks with "The Mob", i feel sure there are a fair number of them who are disgusted with whats going on in the civic but they need to make the initial efforts to rectify the situation.

There is no Loyalty owed to a coniving bunch of self servers, so it`s up to to the decent councillors to stand up & show their Loyaty to the people of Hartlepool, whats been going on has been exposed by the Peer Group Review`s Report & now is the time for them call for an Independent Enquiry into whats going on within HBC.

They could start with a forensic accountant taking a look at the accounts of the Voluntary & Charity Organisations that recieve "Any Funding" from HBC...... a.k.a. The Rate Payers , the vague & fatuos explanation about members having to comply with a Register of Interest is a joke.

Millions of pounds have been wasted in recent years & millions more will go the same way unless its stopped.

mk1

A serious accusation has been made that one of the people of the leaflet forged the signature of another.
Any comments Shane?

A simple yes it is correct or no it is not true will suffice rather than along winded retelling of the excuse handed down to you.

steveL

It won't take us long to get hold of a copy of George Morris' signature though it could be the other way around - it could be George that signed Wells' signature.

steveL

"However, no Labour councillor worth their salts is going to be willing to propose a motion like that, if they don't know for CERTAIN it'd be voted through. "

There's the rub, really. I would argue that any Councillor that puts his own interests first in such matters isn't worth a fig any way.

SRMoore

Neither signatures are forged. All three 'signatures' are printed and are stock fonts.

Conspiracy defunked. You can now doff your tin foil hats.

mk1

Quote from: SRMoore on November 05, 2012, 05: PM
Neither signatures are forged. All three 'signatures' are printed and are stock fonts.

Conspiracy defunked. You can now doff your tin foil hats.

So you are saying  they are not signatures?
Then why are they passed off as signatures?
Perhaps Shane could link us an example of Ray's signature (from a document already in the public record) where we can all see the error?

SRMoore

I am sure you can find an electronic copy of all three signatures on HBC website if you would like to carry on with your theory. I have neither the time nor inclination to play along.i

steveL

If I was in your position, neither would I.

You've just moved the goal posts from one signature possibly being false to all THREE now being false.

SRMoore

My position? Care to elaborate?

steveL

Trying to pass of signatures as being genuine when they clearly aren't is something for the returning officer I would say. Your position? ......Continuing to try to defend the indefensible when common sense tells you to give it up.

SRMoore

Haha unbelievably pathetic and desperate now. But hey, please do go ahead and report this to the returning officer if you're that caught up on Ray.

If all Cllrs are happy for that 'signature' to respresent their mark on a letter to ward residents then there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

The funniest part is that I'm not defending the leaflet or the cllrs, I'm simply defending commonsense. Sigh

Lucy Lass-Tick

I always thought that a facsimile 'signature' was meant to be an accurate representation of the original...if that were not the case, than an 'X' would surely suffice.

SRMoore

"Councillor Lilley was at pains to stress that all members of Putting Hartlepool First were keen and willing to work with any group inside or outside the council that would lead to a better deal for Hartlepool residents. " For those members of PHF who didn't get the memo!

Perseus, my boots are already laced up and ready to go.