blot on the landscape

Started by stokoe, November 02, 2012, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stokoe

maybe shot down here, but i parked up at the old zinc works road and walked my dog up through
the sand dunes adjacent to the golf course this morning. and the shock horror at the big white
roof that can be seen for miles,surely they could of blended the whatever it is better than that
but thinking about it,... it will soon change colour with all the seagull sh**e that will adorn it.

am i being to harsh?

stokoe

why no replies on this HAVE YOU SEEN it or are you up your own arses as much as hbc.

Julie noted

Just back from walking my pooch on the dunes.
Yes, it is a bit of blot on the landscape. I thought these were to be temp. errections but reading the Mail I see they are going to put up another one nearby! Plus, they've put in for planning permission for alcohol sales and a music licence, including LIVE MUSIC!!  :o
I can only wonder how 'sound resistant' those fabric canopies are...I pity the nearby Seaton residents.
I thought these were 'sold' to us as 'sports' domes, not alcohol & live music?  ::)

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

rabbit

They could try to hide it with a big tip of some sort?

fred c

How on earth did that development get planning permission ????? 1 " Dome " is a bloomin eyesore, so 2 is going to be even more so, but the housing development is a mystery to me.

I ride my bike along there on a reugular basis & the smell is nauseating at times, & its not just the odd time, more often than not the smell is obvious to anyone passing by, so anyone thinking of buying a house there should give it some serious thought.

Another question is, what will the effects on peoples health be from the Dump ???? I am led to believe it has another 20 odd years left on the lifespan of the place, if thats corrrect it will become the highest peak in the UK.

How many other towns would have allowed 2 landfill sites to be located so close to populated areas ????

The Great Dictator

The houses will sell and theyll spend the rest of their lives moaning about the dump.

Julie noted

I ride my bike along there on a reugular basis & the smell is nauseating at times, & its not just the odd time, more often than not the smell is obvious to anyone passing by.  (Says fred c.)

Then why don't you have a shower before you go out on your bike, fred?

I'm sorry, that's very rude but I couldn't resist!  :-*

fred c

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Julie noted having a pop at me Ehhhhh.

Well just to inform you of my personal hygene Julie, I  know the smell along there doesn`t emanate from Moi..... how can i be certain you may ask, well when i exercise.............. my lycra top n bottoms have a pronounced odour of .... Cat P**s................ or so i am told.

And Yes............. Your a Very Nawty Girl

Julie noted

Sorry fred. But I knew you wouldn't take it the wrong way.  :-*
You're one of a handful on here that I have a lot of time for.  ;)

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Get a room you two and stop flirting !!!!
I don't believe it.

craig finton

I can think of several examples of when carrots have been dangled to gain planning approval only for unexpected circumstances to have led to modifications to previously approved plans.  The most recent that I can remember is the plan for over 50s housing at Wynyard which was approved only for the developer to later claim that a lack of interest from potential over-50s tenants necessitated a widening of the market to one more able to pay the exhorbitant rents.
In this case, I would be particularly wary of those alcohol and live music licences.

The Great Dictator

It would be worth finding out the name of the developer ?

Stig of the Seaton Dump

The Mayfair was well known for it's entertainment (music and booze).

I am not aware that it caused any problems, does anybody know ?
I don't believe it.