Return of the Soup Dragon

Started by steveL, October 31, 2012, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Apparently, Angie is calling for volunteers to help run a Soup Kitchen on the Manor

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

SRMoore

One question
How much is this act of charity going to cost us?

marky

Quote from: SRMoore on October 31, 2012, 06: PM
One question
How much is this act of charity going to cost us?
Maybe nothing if it turns out to be dog soup - the Thai's love it, apparently.

The Great Dictator

I was in the church street soup kitchen last week, if you want to witness organised chaos then pop in.
Piles of food are going off as we speak and theres no-one to cook any of it and no proper kitchen.
Donations of food and money came in thick and fast along with heroine addicts and churchy people.
Not forgetting our £10,000 of course.

steveL

As I understand it, the Food Bank (it's not a soup kitchen) won't be open till nearer Christmas though I think there are plans to incorporate some kind of small cafe. Donations of non-perishable food are still very welcome.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

SRMoore

I think part of the 'Sermon on the Mount' is more fitting...
"Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them.  If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.  So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men.  I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.  But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret.  Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."

Lucy Lass-Tick

The recent Mail article about children donating the proceeds of their harvest festival stated 'Vouchers will be given to the poverty-hit to claim a three-day food parcel from Church Street, after being issued with vouchers from the likes of GPs, social workers, church leaders and also the JobCentre.'

Hartlepool food bank is being led by Churches Together in Hartlepool and the Trussell Trust (a national charity with an established track record in running food banks).

Whatever is planned for the Manor can only be a completely separate scheme.

steveL

The £10,000 went through on a unanimous vote so why just the two A-Bs in the Mail picture?....and given that the grant is actually funded by the taxpayer, wouldn't it be more appropriate to include some random person off the street in the picture?

stokoe

i bet the two A-Bs are getting better food on that cruise liner.

fred c

Notthing comes as a surprise from "The Mob" self interest is best served by blowing your own trumpet loudest, a soup kitchen in the manor....this crowd have made careers out of denigrating the estate & the people on it.

There will be a good number residents that don't use the "Services" that "The Mob" provides,  but will try & get on with their lives like the rest of us.

I wonder when they will be on Sky News appealing for food & emergency aid for their core supporters, cynical in the exteme......feasting on the fat of the council tax payers, but in reality not giving a flying f**k about anyone but themselves.

marky

oh the irony of it all....a woman who allegedly pays herself £41,000 from public funds opens a soup kitchen...what an angel

fred c

December 6th........Questions need to be in a "Week" before.... they can be sent to the Borough Solicitor or one of the democratic service officers.....

If there is a number of questions they can limit those to be asked...i think there is a 30 minute Q&A time limit

If she is aledgedly receiving  £41K.......how much is being payed to the family collective in total ?????

The senior members of HBC should be the ones asking question........members of the public have asked for an open & transparent "Register of Interests" & been fobbed off on numerous occasions........

We can all Whamp on in this forum which has always led the way in exposing what goes on......

But we could all help matters  further if members could get to Full Council meetings & make our points known to "The Mob"....

It would be a real eye opener for them......remember them Sh***ing themselves & cancelling the NHS Trust meeting when civil disobediance was mentioned......although they were ok with that term when it was used by a senior Labour MP.

It is time to stand up & be counted.......

But it remains to be seen if we have the resolution to do just that......

The Great Dictator