DDOS Attack

Started by admin, October 14, 2012, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julie noted

Well done danny, it must be quite stressful, trying to keep abreast of the attacks.  ;)    However, every cloud etc.
Because of the interest in the attacks (and the reasons behind them) 12 more people from my keep fit club are now hooked on HTH!!!  ;D

I have mentioned HTH on a number of occasions but they had very little interest. But since I explained about how ' dark forces' are at work to shut HTH down they logged on to read why.
Those 12 are now informing others........
a stone thrown into a pond and the ripple effect........  8)

steveL

Do you believe in coincidence?

The DDOS attack on HTH has, for the moment at least, stopped. It stopped round about the time that the A-B's were climbing the gangway onto their cruise ship. It could be pure coincidence, of course - we'll let the Police decide.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Great Dictator

Why are the SCABS on a cruise ship ?

mk1

I thought it would be more in the direction of the two witches than the f**ty-Belchers.
Angie can afford to pay for someone to do it for her.
Mad Dog is simply clueless and can be discounted.
If it is the f**ty-Belchers then  one is an obvious candidate-the other struggles  if speaking and walking at the same time!

steveL

As I say, it could be pure coincidence - like the fact that both attacks immediately preceeded local elections. Solar flare activity is unusually low at the moment - perhaps it was in April too.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Julie noted

Yes, you can tell another election is looming.  8)
This just reinforces my decision to vote for Sgt. Sultan Alam.  :)

There is no way at all I (and quite a few of the people I have spoken to) will vote for another labour clown in charge of Cleveland police.  >:(

It is obvious the 'blackouts' are politically motivated and if the people of Cleveland still vote for the scum that want to stifle debate and democracy, more fool them.

It's ALAM for me and NO SECOND VOTE. I don't want labour in by the volume of the 'second' votes.   :(

Another well done to Danny for fighting the iniquitous, scurrilous scumbags behind the attacks on our democratic right to free 'speech'.  >:(
I can't wait for the day they get their just deserts.

craig finton

Have the Police been informed about this? I don't post much but I must visit and read the site everyday and someone is denying me the right to do so.

fred c

Wot Julie said.... with knobs on  ;D

Well done to the HTH team, it must be a real pain in the backside, but "The Mob" will get their come-uppance sooner rather than later.

notenoughsaid

Just a quick question.   Did any user on the site attend the meeting in the Borough Hall on Wednesday the 31st Oct. ?   the Mail announced it but unless I have missed it no further mention has been made.   I understand it was poorly attended (29 people in fact) and secondly did Mr. MINCHA, the Green party candidate attend? I dont know why he has announced himself under a political banner as I would have though his good work with Citizens Advice Bureau would have set him in good stead as a truly independent prospect.  With regards to comments re Mr ALAM and his status as an independent I feel it would be hard for him to put the past behind him following the way he claims to have been treat by the Police. The last thing we want is someone with a hidden agenda. This applies to all candidates as the police should be non political.Good luck to all however I feel it will end intears.

steveL

I would have thought that exclusion from membership of any political party would have been a pre-requisite but it seems to have gone the other way. After the Sean Price/McLuckie debacle, God help us if we end up with a Police Commissioner who's also a fully signed up member of the Labour Party.

Compare and contrast:

1. A non-Labour Councillor makes a poor joke about a fellow councillor on the HTH forum and finds himself locked up for eight hours in the local cells and has his laptop confiscated for six weeks. The matter is escalated all the way up to the Crown Prosecution Service who decide there is 'no case to answer'.

2. A non-Labour website comes under a sustained DDOS attack immediately before local elections in May and again before a local by-election in October. The matter is reported to the Police and 4 weeks later the site is still waiting for an update from the Police Officer they reported it to and despite representatives of the site leaving several voice mails and contacting the station's front desk to tell the officer that they had additional information on the matter.

It makes me laugh when I hear people say that Police Commissioner's will politicise the Police - we're already there and have been for as long as Police Authorities had the ability to scupper the careers of Police Officers.

mk1

Quote from: steveL on November 05, 2012, 03: PM
. The matter is reported to the Police and 4 weeks later the site is still waiting for an update from the Police Officer they reported it to and despite representatives of the site leaving several voice mails and contacting the station's front desk to tell the officer that they had additional information on the matter.

Go to the front office.
Ask to speak to an inspector as you want to make a complaint.
A very nice man will see you and he will assure you that if you leave it with him he will see your  fears are passed on to the officer and that he will have a word with his Sgt to sort out the problem.
Ignore all of this and insist you have not been treated fairly and you want to make an official complaint.
Ask for contact details for the PPC.
Remember the Inspector talking to you has one aim and one aim only-to stop you complaining. He will promise you anything so long as you do not make it official. Only by insisting on making a formal complaint will you be taken seriously.
Do not be talked out of it or end up being bamboozled into 'leaving it with him'.
Statistics matter and complaints impact on bonus payments.

Julie noted

mk1 is right.
Your initial IP complaint (injured party) will have been passed up the chain of command and 'words of advice' passed back down....sit on it.  8)

It is now down to the IP to cause as much fuss as possible, in order to ensure the complaint isn't put on the back burner...in the hope you will go away.  :-[

As non fee-paying visitors to the site, contributors can't really claim IP status...it's like saying our free newspaper hasn't been delivered on a regular basis.
(Can't think of the name of it...Hartlepool Post?).

However, HTH must cost YOU something to produce, and then there are the adverts which (presumably) companies are paying for and being denied the exposure due to the DDOS. (denial of service, what is the extra 'D' for?).

As I mentioned in a post a while ago.....just WHO can you trust these days?  :'(

Talking of police bonus....the disgraced, sacked chief constable Price was handed up to £50,000 a year bonus, if his force met 'targets'.  8)
Which is why they focus on 'easy' targets such as 'hate' crime, peeing up against a wall etc. They all rack up the bonus.     ker.....ching.  ::)
(By the way, before anybody whinges, I do not believe in hate crimes, or lads peeing up against walls).  :-[

Lucy Lass-Tick

Just shows what the boys in blue can do if they take up the cudgels...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20217968

mk1

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on November 06, 2012, 05: PM

They are too busy colluding with the Mail to generate 'scoops'.
Over the weekend we had the front page splash about 'drug dealers'  getting stamped on. 3 doors were smashed down whilst a Mail photographer was there to record a pixelated subject being arrested.
Come Monday we get a  small 6 line article that says.............nothing was found, no one will be charged and it was all a big mistake........oops, sorry I made the bits in red up!

fred c

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on November 06, 2012, 05: PM

It might be a good idea for Danny & the lads to copy that article to the person who is supposed to looking into the DDOS attack on HTH.

It is a Criminal Offence &  should be investigated in a thorough & proper manner.