DDOS Attack

Started by admin, October 14, 2012, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

for fawkes sake

Things appear to be stabilising a little for the moment. I wonder how long it will be until a new tactic is used.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

eddy

Just a thought, why not set up a HTH Facebook page as a stop gap for as and when the nasty people attack again.  I think it would be fair to say it would be pretty impossible to do a DDOS on facebook for obvious reasons and you can still post articles etc.  I am not saying as a replacement for the site, as I am a firm believe in websites rather than facebook pages, however it would make a useful portal to communicate via next time one comes along

Incidentally these DDOS are all getting a little bit coincidental dont you think, smarts of desperation if there is any link, the word will always get out!

marky

That's a good idea and I'm a bit surpised HTH doesn't have a Facebook account already.

The Great Dictator

steveL

Facebook is a mystery to me.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

SRMoore

There is already a High Tax Hartlepool group on Facebook

steveL

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/High-Tax-Hartlepool/516457648383720?fref=ts

Apparently this is a new one that's just been set up. Seems empty to me.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

SRMoore

I remember this topic being brought up a long time ago, possibly by Christine Blakey, and I checked then to find that group in existance. Always assumed it was you?

steveL

If it was I don't remember it but then my memory isn't what it used to be.

steveL

Lucy Lass-Tick

danny_boy

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update. Although we've had a couple of days of fairly steady access, I thought I'd better make it clear that the site is still under attack. Counter measures I've used have had an unfortunate side-effect in that the latest posts info on the main page is not updating. I'm afraid this is unavoidable at the moment while I try to figure out some way around it. Again, thanks for everyone putting up with this crap.

for fawkes sake

I haven't had much trouble lately. Keep it up, Danny.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

fred c

Nice one Dan.... thanks for the update.

stokoe