DDOS Attack

Started by admin, October 14, 2012, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Hi All,

Just to keep everyone informed what's going on. The DDOS attack is still continuing and we're currently playing what seems like a game of chess trying to counter a moving target. I've no idea how long this will continue but I wanted to thank everyone for their patience. I appreciate it must be frustrating at times but I have no intention of letting these sad bas**ar*s win.

ah...just noticed I need to add another word to the filter  ;D

mk1

They are getting desperate up the Manor.
Cockroaches every one. They hate the  light and scurry for cover.

If you need any help affording better security let us know.

The Great Dictator

Is it worth reporting to the police ?

admin

The Police were informed last week

Lucy Lass-Tick

Hats off to Danny and crew for their determination and perseverance in the face of adversity!   8)  :-*  ;D

rabbit

I wondered if there was any pattern to these attacks.

Do they occur at particular times of the day?

Could innocent computers trigger the attacks?

The Great Dictator

Usually election time..

danny_boy

It's not that the attacks occur at a particular time, the site is under fairly constant attack but is protected to some extent at the moment. Think of it as a castle with walls and ramparts with thousands on the outside looking for some way to get in. Legitimate visitors may find themselves getting server errors occasionally when they try to visit the site - this is because at that moment in time there are also thousands of others trying to get in too. Usually refreshing the screen (i.e. having another go will get you in) but it's a bit like someone cracking open the castle door a few inches in order to let someone in before the hourdes charge the door.

I've no doubt what is behind it and Mr Testy is right in my opinion.

The Great Dictator

Do you live in a castle Dan ?

Lucy Lass-Tick

mk1

Lucy Lass-Tick

admin

Anyone else notice that an hour after I uploaded Steve's front page story the site came under a massive ddos attack again?

mk1

Quote from: admin on October 16, 2012, 10: PM
Anyone else notice that an hour after I uploaded Steve's front page story the site came under a massive ddos attack again?

It caught me out as I was in the middle of posting at the time. The cockroaches up the Manor must be really frightened.

fred c

If the Guys running HTH were operating it as a business & it came under cyber attack i wonder if Cleveland Police would be taking a stringent line of enquiry in trying to find the "Criminals" who are responsible ?????

I know it has been reported to the police i wonder how they are tackling it ????