Peter Jackson - Headland & Harbour By-Election

Started by marky, August 19, 2016, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Dictator

It was a 2 horse race between Rogan and Ainslie, 7-6 the final score.

SRMoore

Quote from: Lord Elpus on August 21, 2016, 04: PM
It's interesting that neither Robby Payne or Jim Ainslie are mentioned as possible Labour candidates, instead CAB chooses Rogan, who will probably lose to UKIP.  Strong leadership in action my ####.

CAB didn't choose Rogan. I heard straight from the horses mouth that once CAB realised Rogan was likely to stand and win nomination he came down with James and Barclay for 'backup' to their meeting in the Carnegie building and tried to overturn the vote.

Not only did they try to alter the outcome they also attempted to have Ann Marshall parachuted in as their candidate.

Four hours later Rogan walked out as the candidate followed by a lot of red faces.

fred c

The more i see of this Mob, the more i believe an implosion of Labour Hartlepool isn't long in coming.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

DRiddle

It's no secret amongst the regional Labour hierarchy (further up the greasy pole than CAB) that the troops are being lined up to restructure the local labour lot from within. Hunter and Rogan weren't CAB picks. In addition, even his closest 'recent acquisitions' to his team are actually there to boost the numbers of his opponents. He obviously just hasn't realised it yet. Interesting times.

mk1

CAB has seen how Wells has turned the Local Conservative Party into a family business and hopes to do the same with Labour. Getting 'mummy' elected is just part of the plan. Mad Dog, Kevin F*anny and the 3 SCABs are the core of the corruption. Clark seems to have no backbone so who will become Brutus?

admin

The by-election will take place on October 6th

steveL

I'm not sure if it matters who chose Rogan; whoever did so needs his head looking at - a fully paid up member of Labour's branch of AA
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Quote from: ReturntoZenda on August 21, 2016, 12: PM
Here we go again, 'Tories' used as a pejorative term when what should be happening is that all political sides in Hartlepool unite to evict the self-serving parasites bleeding our town dry. I would never claim that the cabal are typical of all Labour councillors, so why do people constantly portray the revolting Wells as an archetypal Tory. He doesn't, and never will, speak for me.

Wells is a'Tory' because he likes to see himself as 'a player' and a businessman and because he lives in West Park. He is, in fact, a failed businessman who, let loose from his dad's coat-tails, found himself unable to cut it in the legitimate business world. As a result, he has had to go down the shady deal route; the same route travelled by the Morton's of this world. If he lived in a different ward then he would be a member of whatever party had the best chance of winning in that ward.

He only has to open his mouth for people to realise that he isn't true blue - common as muck.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Stevef

This reads like something of a soap opera. Interesting stuff though as tonight's Mail runs a story on 'Having Your Say' on domestic abuse.
http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/crime/call-to-help-beat-domestic-violence-in-hartlepool-1-8081702

Rogan's Timeline

22/October/2006 2.00am Police called to John Howe Gardens and arrested Trevor Rogan for common assault.

30/May/2007 Convicted of common assault on wife , at Hartlepool Magistrates Court.

20/June/2007 Sentenced to 12 month community order, 100 hours unpaid work and £700 court costs.

Quotes

Rogan, 53, of John Howe Gardens, Hartlepool, pleaded not guilty to common assault, claiming he had restrained his wife after she began attacking him.

But justices at Hartlepool Magistrates' Court said they found Mrs Rogan a credible witness and that Rogan used excessive force.
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Northern Echo

Time line

03/Jan/2008 Cleared of all charges at Tees-side Crown Court, sentence was withdrawn.

Quotes

Judge Peter Armstrong said "if the case been a civil matter, he would have found in Mrs Rogan's favour and awarded her compensation."

He explained it was only because the standard of proof was much higher in a criminal case that he ruled there was not enough evidence to convict Mr Rogan of common assault by beating.

Judge Armstrong said: "We believe Mrs Rogan's account of the evening's events to be more probable than Mr Rogan's." But he added: "We are however unable to rule out completely that the appellant's version of events may be correct."

Hartlepool Mail

In other words... his wife claimed he assaulted her but he claimed she attacked him. He then failed to convince either the Magistrates or the Crown Courts. but got off on a technicality

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/councillor-cleared-of-wife-attack-1-1024

https://www.stormfront.org/forum/t336203/

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/1433316.couon_his_wife/

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/benefits-row-mum-on-hunger-strike-1-1017917

You are what you do. It is what it does. Everything else is illusion or Delusion.

not4me

Basically, a local p**s-head returns home from a good session, takeaway curry in hand - Andy Capp lives!

Hubris

And of course the dodgy takeaway that played a starring role in the domestic spat, must have been a Rogan Josh. Quite apt as the Josh bit refers to it being "Hot, Spicy......and Passionate"
(Should have stuck with the Fritter and Chips he always used to go for)

steveL

He got off essentially because she had no witnesses which I guess is generally the case in these sort of matters...doesn't really help those on the receiving end though, does it? What we need is a 'strategy' and maybe even a 'Have Your Say' consultation to figure out what should be done in such situations.  ::) ::) 

mk1

That is the old days. Right now domestic violence is way top of the list of crimes where the Police come down on you like a ton of bricks. If it happened now he would be banned from the house and not allowed to go anywhere near his partner until the court case-where he would be convicted even though it was just   his word against hers.
Times change and I have actually seen the clip from Dixon Of Dock Green where Jack Warner says ' if I arrested every bloke in Dock Green who clocked his wife, I'd be working overtime'.

kevplumb

Quote from: mk1 on August 22, 2016, 11: PM
That is the old days. Right now domestic violence is way top of the list of crimes where the Police come down on you like a ton of bricks. If it happened now he would be banned from the house and not allowed to go anywhere near his partner until the court case-where he would be convicted even though it was just   his word against hers.
Times change and I have actually seen the clip from Dixon Of Dock Green where Jack Warner says ' if I arrested every bloke in Dock Green who clocked his wife, I'd be working overtime'.

shame plod don't always get it right then
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment