Peter Jackson - Headland & Harbour By-Election

Started by marky, August 19, 2016, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marky

I see the Snail has finally caught up with the news that Peter Jackson is quitting as Councillor

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/peter-answers-work-and-family-calls-after-14-years-as-hartlepool-councillor-1-8077320

kevplumb

probably read it on here  ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

for fawkes sake

I read this on this site all of three months ago. At a guess, they have waited until the OneLife announcement (also on announced on this site months ago) before making it official. Presumably they are now planning to claim that they have brought back services to the hospital as part of their campaign to retain the seat.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

The Great Dictator

Trevor Rogan gets his seat.

Lord Elpus

Quote from: The Great Dictator on August 19, 2016, 07: PM
Trevor Rogan gets his seat.

Labour appear to be having a race to the bottom.  Rogan might be able to throw a good curry but as a Councillor he has failed to impress, however, he'll always vote as he's told without question.

steveL

Can't help but wonder how history would have unfolded if Labour's own idea to have an elected Mayor had gone according to plan and their own man had been elected.

When you consider Drummond's Cabinet: Cath Hill, Pam Hargreaves, Brash, Thompson, Jackson and Ged Hall and the way they have been treated since, you can at least fully appreciate the spiteful vindictiveness that drives the likes of the Akers-Belchers and Mad Dog. Ged Hall cocked the last plan up by winning his seat in spite of being deliberately deprived of all party support and Jackson, having been de-selected once, was on his way to being de-selected again in favour of Trevor Rogan - ironic at a time when HBC launces a campaign against domestic abuse.

Here's a little quote from the Press Release:

"Domestic abuse has a devastating effect on victims, their children, families and the wider community.

"It is characterised by patterns of coercive, controlling or threatening behaviour, and can involve physical, psychological, financial, emotional and sexual abuse.

"By producing this updated Strategy, the Safer Hartlepool Partnership aims to send out a clear message that domestic abuse will not be tolerated, and that we will work together to do all that we can over the next three years to raise awareness, prevent abuse, protect and support victims, and challenge perpetrators."

The draft strategy states that:

• One in four women will experience domestic abuse during their lifetime.
• Domestic abuse has the highest rate of repeat victimisation of any crime type.
• One in seven children and young people under the age of 16 will have lived with domestic violence at some point in their childhood.
• Almost 20% of domestic abuse incidents were linked to alcohol.

Councillor Christopher Akers-Belcher, Chair of the Safer Hartlepool Partnership and Leader of Hartlepool Council, said: "Domestic abuse is a top priority for the Safer Hartlepool Partnership.

It's hard to see how giving the subject 'top priority' can be reconciled with putting forward Trevor Rogan Josh as a candidate. I wonder if Trevor plans on having his say. After all, the Judge did !

https://www.hartlepool.gov.uk/news/article/457/domestic_abuse_consultation_reminder
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Great Dictator

SAB would be elected mayor god forbid.

for fawkes sake

When you have someone sacked for lying to his employer over his whereabouts during an absence actually Chairing the selection committee responsible for hiring new staff then all things become possible.

So far that I know of, we already have a collection of lying, fraudulent activity, theft, abuse of public funds, environmental licence convictions .......... it gets to a point when one or two wife abusers thrown into the pot won't make that much difference to the moral standing of the present incumbents.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

fred c

Quote from: for fawkes sake on August 20, 2016, 02: PM
When you have someone sacked for lying to his employer over his whereabouts during an absence actually Chairing the selection committee responsible for hiring new staff then all things become possible.

So far that I know of, we already have a collection of lying, fraudulent activity, theft, abuse of public funds, environmental licence convictions .......... it gets to a point when one or two wife abusers thrown into the pot won't make that much difference to the moral standing of the present incumbents.

I hope your not talking about me with the the wife abuser comment....... ;) ;) ;)

Lord Elpus

I've heard Tim Fleming is hoping to stand against Rogan for UKIP.

fred c

Hartlepool is now in the situation of anyone is better than the present shower, if it means UKIP or a coalition  council, I personally don't give a monkeys, the town really does need to get rid of this psuedo labour mob.

There are decent labour councillors Peter Jackson proves that point, but now is the time for them to stand up for the town & it's residents, it's no good having Labour Principles & then standing idly by to watch Self Trimmers & Tories trample all over them.

We have the perfect example of the hypocrisy shown by local labour when the President of the Hartlepool Constituency Labour Party says, they unanimously support 'Honest Jeremy Corbyn' but stands back & does sweet FA when a senior councillor gets caught out telling gigantic porkies to his employer & an employment tribunal judge.

ReturntoZenda

Here we go again, 'Tories' used as a pejorative term when what should be happening is that all political sides in Hartlepool unite to evict the self-serving parasites bleeding our town dry. I would never claim that the cabal are typical of all Labour councillors, so why do people constantly portray the revolting Wells as an archetypal Tory. He doesn't, and never will, speak for me.

fred c

RtoZ.......No offence ment....... My comment re. Tories, wasn't ment to be a generalisation, it was aimed at only 1, I leave it to you to judge which it is.

Lord Elpus

It's interesting that neither Robby Payne or Jim Ainslie are mentioned as possible Labour candidates, instead CAB chooses Rogan, who will probably lose to UKIP.  Strong leadership in action my ####.

fred c

Definition of Disfunctional........ HCLP