Too good for the cheap seats................

Started by mk1, May 10, 2014, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphis Belle

I am travelling First Class next month  - it cost £34 outward, though it was too much coming back.  Not sure where you get  a figure of 90% from.  There are 92 000 estimated residents so by your reckoning only 9000 could afford the train down.

MK - my rather subtle point, which seems to have eluded, you was why is anybody's sexuality an issue?  Of course, if we had an Asian politician  from Hartlepool no doubt he would be heading for Brick Lane and any black politician would inevitably be heading for Brixton.  But you are no doubt correct - it is almost a nailed on certainty that any gay people would be making a beeline for Old Compton Street.  No cricket, gigs, opera, theatre, restaurants, museums, markets or art galleries for them!  You might add 'rabidly dim' to your current failings, dear.  I am off to Manchester next week.  Dare I visit Canal Street?

mk1

Quote from: Memphis Belle on May 25, 2014, 11: PM

MK - my rather subtle point, which seems to have eluded..............

You ar not as subtle as you think and your very first post here explains it all.

Memphis Belle

Well could you just clarify your original post, please?

I am no fan of the Akers-Belchers - far from it.  But I fail to see why their sexuality is an issue and I fail to see why you choose to mention it.  Of what relevance is it?  Or was it just a cheap homophobic jibe? 

pensionater

I'm afraid you will find homophobia (along with several other's)on this site Memphis.I can just imagine them sitting laughing to themselves after they've posted there schoolboy jibes.But don't you dare say their hero has an ego or ask questions because then you are a stalker,troll or worse still, a racist,bigoted, homophobic UKIP member will say your are crass,

not4me

George Springer thinks that gays are an abomination against God apparently. So I think you're a bit off target mate.

pensionater

Who's GS and whats he got to do with my post?.

not4me

mk1

Quote from: Memphis Belle on May 26, 2014, 07: AM
Well could you just clarify your original post, please?

No. It was crystal clear.

Quote from: Memphis Belle on May 26, 2014, 07: AM
I am no fan of the Akers-Belchers - far from it.  But I fail to see why their sexuality is an issue and I fail to see why you choose to mention it.  Of what relevance is it?  Or was it just a cheap homophobic jibe?

It was what it was.
You can think what you like.
I am not in the least bit interested in what you think.
The only issue is your desire to create issues.

mk1

Quote from: pensionater on May 26, 2014, 09: AM
.But don't you dare say their hero has an ego or ask questions because then you are a stalker,troll or worse still, a racist,bigoted, homophobic UKIP member will say your are crass,

Get over it losers.

Your  campaign against Riddle backfired.

You got your ars*es kicked.

pensionater

Funny how i didn't mention any names but you put his name forward?.Bet you have his picture on your wall.

DRiddle

I think there's an element of ego in anyone who enters politics.

To look at a ward or 5 or 6,000 people and think to yourself "Yeah, they'll vote for me" requires a degree of self confidence. At the very least it requires an awareness of your own self-image or how you go about trying to distinguish yourself from others. (especially if you do it NOT relying on a national party to carry you along).

All of which traits are basically a dictionary definition of the term 'ego'.

Saying a politician has an ego is like saying a footballer has feet.

It's a necessary trait of the 'job'.

(Unless of course you're just prepared to sit there in the chamber and not speak, in which case no ego is required).

mk1

Quote from: pensionater on May 26, 2014, 04: PM
Funny how i didn't mention any names but you put his name forward?.Bet you have his picture on your wall.

Yeah me an Dave also  have an intense physical relationship..........don't tell 'belle!

mk1

Mad Dog was on the 7 o'clock Grand Central to York today. She (and her consort) bolted straight for 1st Class.
When the train arrived in York she transfered to a Virgin train for Birmingham but this time she used the cheap seats.
One suspects the first part of her journey was being paid for  by someone else....................